• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Riparium - Alternative equipment.

Gill

So looking at the numerous Ripariums springing up on these and other Forums I frequent.
I was thinking about those on a less favorable budget, but still want to achieve one.

So for the Rafts, I was thinking of Polystyrene sheets cut to shape.
For the Baskets:
Muller Yoghurt Pots as they are Triangular and then attached using ruberised Garden Wire.
Laundry Detergent Scoops
Easter Egg Packaging, plenty of that will be available now.
Polystyrene Planting Crate thingies
Plastic Drinks Bottles

To Hang them: The little Suction Cups you can get for the Bathroom to hang things off, of.

Hi all,
Good idea, I was thinking of polystyrene float with a cut out for a net pot, sized so that the top of the net pot is flush with the top of the float. <http://www.greenshorticulture.co.uk/Pots-Trays-22/Round-Pots-93/Net-Pots-1006.asp>.
I'd probably use "Seramis" and/or "Hydroleca" as the medium for the pot, and possibly start the plant in a rockwool cube.

A dark neutral colour would be best for the polystyrene, grey or black ideally, but I'm not sure you can get these?

cheers Darrel

dw1305 said:
Hi all,
Good idea, I was thinking of polystyrene float with a cut out for a net pot, sized so that the top of the net pot is flush with the top of the float. <http://www.greenshorticulture.co.uk/Pots-Trays-22/Round-Pots-93/Net-Pots-1006.asp>.
I'd probably use "Seramis" and/or "Hydroleca" as the medium for the pot, and possibly start the plant in a rockwool cube.

A dark neutral colour would be best for the polystyrene, grey or black ideally, but I'm not sure you can get these?

cheers Darrel

Good idea, but another thought is the Bathing Scrubber. You know the Nylon Mesh thingy.
Cut that to size and use as a Planting Net with the Polysterene Float.

Back