• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Riparium

Aaandyyy

Only taken about six months but getting closer now. Quite pleased with the riverbank effect but couldn't upload a video?
Just need suggestions for some suitable plants in that area which does have water flowing over/through it but I could put that on a timer so the roots are not permanently submerged? Looking for something small leaved that will fit the scale, don't want big plants growing out of the tank.

Attachments

• 20210910_161413.jpg
    20210910_161413.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 231
looks nice!

Hydrocotyle tripartita (sp japan) should work very well, there is a dwarf variant if you want even smaller leaves. Mosses would look nice to I think.
Carpeting aquarium plants would work to. Micranthemum tweediei (monte carlo) for instance. Or Bolbitis heteroclita "difformis" smaller buces and anubias species.

True terrestial plants would be more difficult, most do not like to be always wet... some small peperomia species might work.

looks nice!

Hydrocotyle tripartita (sp japan) should work very well, there is a dwarf variant if you want even smaller leaves. Mosses would look nice to I think.
Carpeting aquarium plants would work to. Micranthemum tweediei (monte carlo) for instance. Or Bolbitis heteroclita "difformis" smaller buces and anubias species.

True terrestial plants would be more difficult, most do not like to be always wet... some small peperomia species might work.
Thank you.
Agree, like the Hydrocotyle idea and have loads of Buces in the other tanks. Also have some Bolbitis, both heudelotti and heteroclita difformis so will give those a try. Have some Schismatoglottis prietoi up there so be interesting to see how that does.
Micranthemum fills me with fear taking over everything! Would look good though, might give it a try. Wondered about the mosses, you think they should work? I like Christmas moss so shall have to try that too.
Wondered about Tillandsia in the wood pieces above the ground?

Ficus pumila quercifolia does well with constantly wet roots and is an easily controlled vine with small leaves.

Is the tank open top? If it is then tillandsia might do ok on the exposed wood but if you have a lid the humidity might be too high. They like misting with water but they need to dry in between and keeping them in air that is too moist, or if they have water sitting on them, promotes rotting quickly.

Ficus pumila quercifolia does well with constantly wet roots and is an easily controlled vine with small leaves.

Is the tank open top? If it is then tillandsia might do ok on the exposed wood but if you have a lid the humidity might be too high. They like misting with water but they need to dry in between and keeping them in air that is too moist, or if they have water sitting on them, promotes rotting quickly.
Thank you
At the moment it is open top but it will be closed, I can't cope with any more condensation here! The Ficus may be of interest, my only real concern may be that it would take over one of the land areas? It is nice though.

Back