• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

River Reef 48

Ashton

I've been looking at these Interpet tanks and was wondering if anyone has any experience of them? 48 litre 40 x 42 x 43h with Twin HDL Compact High Power Lighting & LED Moonlights. I know the Moonlights are worked from a separate switch but don't know anything about the HP lighting except that its supposed to be powerful enough for a reef tank as well as a planted tank.

I was wondering if it would be powerful enough for me to grow some high light plants that I've never been able to grow before :?

I'd be grateful for your comments :)

I had one from PFK when they were first introduced as a trial. Build quality in the hood was fairly naff, but overall quite a nice little tank. My moonlights never worked once though, and neither did the fan :/ You can either have one main bulb on at a time, or both at the same time. The moonlights are indeed separate. It's powerful enough for most soft corals. I had mushrooms, leathers and xenia in mine. The two compact T5s with reflectors should plenty powerful enough for plants. I had the "plant kit" that came with it but it wasn't all that great to be honest. Better to buy the tank separate and get your own gear to go in it. If you're running both bulbs, you'll want pressurised CO2 in there, not the DIY one they sometimes offer with the kits.

Thanks Tom, I agree the hood is pretty awful, but I liked the design of the tank with all the bits at the back.

I'm a bit afraid of pressurised CO2, so will just stick with the Crypts and Anubias and carry on looking for a different smallish tank :)

Back