• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

River/stream Iwagumi - 90P

I mix tap and RO. Aiming for soft KH/GH 3. Other then that, I don't really test.
Tap values are pretty consistent where I live and chlorine free, but hardness is 20+!. So my final mix always ends up around 100TDS

Do you get any issues with your shrimp moulting etc at those levels GH levels @Shinobi ?

Really curious to see if this is the same as the "legendary" Brownie Ghost '2011' 🤔
20201217_143150.jpg

How much was that pot? Cuttings I've seen seem to sell for silly money - I saw a small cutting go for £75 on Band recently.

I've seen those as well.

This one is part of a super limited batch from Aquaflora. They retails for around 35€ if you can find some.
Really interested to see how it turns out, as the cup has around 30+ of small leaves

I've seen those as well.

This one is part of a super limited batch from Aquaflora. They retails for around 35€ if you can find some.
Really interested to see how it turns out, as the cup has around 30+ of small leaves

You should be able to tell when you open the pot -the Brownie Ghost has quite distinctive colouration:

bucephalandra-brownie-ghost-original.jpg

You should be able to tell when you open the pot -the Brownie Ghost has quite distinctive colouration:

bucephalandra-brownie-ghost-original.jpg

At this point it's impossible to tell since all the growth is very small and in its emersed state. Buces doesn't really show its coloration until it has adopted to submerged state, in my experience

At this point it's impossible to tell since all the growth is very small and in its emersed state. Buces doesn't really show its coloration until it has adopted to submerged state, in my experience
Good point - fingers crossed then! if it colours up the same, you should be able to get your money back with a single cutting! :D

I found that especially in vitro Buces don't like new setups, probably very sensitive to ammonia burn in that state. Regarding the exact species, Aquaflora is not able to confirm that its in fact the '2011' variant. They will try and analyze it though. Any shops claiming it is 2011 are doing so on they own assumptions

I found that especially in vitro Buces don't like new setups, probably very sensitive to ammonia burn in that state. Regarding the exact species, Aquaflora is not able to confirm that its in fact the '2011' variant. They will try and analyze it though. Any shops claiming it is 2011 are doing so on they own assumptions
Yes, buces are same as otocinclus, it seems to like mature tank. :)

would haven been nice if they had analyzed it before selling them...like the dying anubia Snow White in underwater condition. At 30€/pot, the least we could ask for is some research before selling. ;)

Hi new member here... made an account just to ask how the Brownie ghost tissue culture is looking after a few months. Are the leaves as expected??

Back