• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

River/stream Iwagumi - 90P

Hi,

So sorry for the late reply.

Regarding the Buce Ghost, they are growing but super slow. Fortunately there hasn't been any melt, but as Dennis Wong said in one of the Facebook groups - In Vitro buces can take up to half a year before showing decent growth and coloration. I am seeing new leaves every now and then, but they are still small and more reddish than purple. On the other hand; Buce Kedagang from Tropica I can really recommend, it's a fast grower buce wise, and has beautiful coloration especially when viewed from the top down. Blueish purple with burgundy red new leaves
P1019040.jpg

Nice shots and infos, my ghost has survived too but the new leaves aren’t red yet, definitely more purple, will see how it goes in a few weeks or months. ;)

Yeah agreed and to be honest normally your tanks take a lot longer to reach there full potential its a beautiful scape just seems that yours are normally have a lot more going on in them

Yeah agreed and to be honest normally your tanks take a lot longer to reach there full potential its a beautiful scape just seems that yours are normally have a lot more going on in them
I think 6 months is where most scapes peak. After that I like to experimenting a bit. See how much I can trim a plant and stil recover, how lean I can dose or try new plants or hardscape combos. Valuable lessons for the next scape.

Currently only dosing 1ml of Tropica Specialized 2x week. Plants still grow super healthy and no algea. Its quite surprising how little is needed really

I love this tank. Fantastic!

Your lean fertilization is very interesting.
I saw that in Low Roar you also used only 2ml every day.
I admire the low potassium levels compared to ADA or EI fertilization.
Didn't you notice potassium deficiency at any time?

I love this tank. Fantastic!

Your lean fertilization is very interesting.
I saw that in Low Roar you also used only 2ml every day.
I admire the low potassium levels compared to ADA or EI fertilization.
Didn't you notice potassium deficiency at any time?
Thank you!

I Haven't experienced any deficiencies in this tank or previous layouts. I do add root tabs every third month or so, I belive this helps a lot as well. What I have seen however, is how certain plants adapts differently to the lean dosage. For example HC now outgrows eleocharis tremendously and a fast grower like Helanthium tenellum stays very compact and doesn't spread as aggressively. For this layout it works very well, but I can imagine that certain plants would have a harder time tolerating the lean ferts.
Just goes to show how every scape is different and that you should experiment to find a fertilization regiment that suits your needs best

Your carpet looks quite dense. Is there any technique to push root tabs through such a carpet? Especially in the areas where you have Cuba (substrate is not even visible).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back