• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

River/stream Iwagumi - 90P

Have to agree great scape will be so relaxing to watch, looking forward to this one growing in.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Great hard scape and fantastic rock work! Subscribed to this journal. I am so looking forward to seeing this grow in.

How high is the Solar RGB from the top of the tank? 30 cm?

Your previous scape ‘Low Roar’ was epic. Compared to that one, this scape has very less plant volume; at least as you are starting out. Are you not concerned about any algae issues in these initial few weeks? Do you have any proactive plans to tackle/manage it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great hard scape and fantastic rock work! Subscribed to this journal. I am so looking forward to seeing this grow in.

How high is the Solar RGB from the top of the tank? 30 cm?

Your previous scape ‘Low Roar’ was epic. Compared to that one, this scape has very less plant volume; at least as you are starting out. Are you not concerned about any algae issues in these initial few weeks? Do you have any proactive plans to tackle/manage it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot! :D

Light is placed aprox 30 cm from surface as recommended.

Lower plant mass means lower nutrient uptake, so I just plan on compensate with as many initial water changes as need be and a very lean dosing schedule. I'm thinking 1ml a day of Trolica Specialized should suffice :)

Fantastic scape! Any ideas on what you will stock it with?

I'm very open to suggestions, but I would like something to emphasize the river/stream feel I'm going for. Rummy nose tetras would be a classic

I'm very open to suggestions, but I would like something to emphasize the river/stream feel I'm going for. Rummy nose tetras would be a classic
I’d recommend something more along the lines of a danio or barb for this one, due to the open nature of the tank I think a lot of tetras will hate it. Maybe something like danio kyathit and/or black ruby barbs. Or maybe Odessa barbs?

The black ruby barbs are very underrated fish and the males are amazing when in spawning condition.

cheers

conor

Asked Steven what his initial fish choice for the layout would be and he replied something as classic as green neon tetra would suit beautifully, can't really argue with that :D

Week 4 update:

So initially there was a smaller diatom bloom around week 2, which is to be expected. That disappeared after a week or so. Currently the taller eleocharis in the background is trimmed down so scape lacks a proper background at the moment. I'd say its about 90% algea free, still a bit of green dust on hardscape, but overall everything is going towards pristine. Dosing 1ml of Tropica Specialized from week 3.

P1018742.jpg
P1018744.jpg
P1018745.jpg
P1018746.jpg

Back