• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

River/stream Iwagumi - 90P

ADA ferts dosing is pretty non-specific actually, they recommend that you start with 1 ml per 20 L per day but then say dose 2-3x as much as needed. It would be more helpful if they gave specific dose amounts of their website features like they do for CO2.

They actually follow those guidelines quite strictly at the gallery. So 3ml for a 60P, 9ml for a 90P etc.
"Mineral" and "Brighty K" is the basic combination used for most tanks. Additionally Nitrogen or Iron is supplied depending on substrate age or if certain plants requires higher amount of Nitrogen to thrive. This goes for your basic heavily planted NA style, some modifications will be used depending on substrate or more lightly planted layouts

Hey Shinobi,

first of all great tank and I love the classic Nature Aquarium style. I was wondering about your water parameters - are you using tap water or reverse osmosis?

Thanks for the info!

I mix tap and RO. Aiming for soft KH/GH 3. Other then that, I don't really test.
Tap values are pretty consistent where I live and chlorine free, but hardness is 20+!. So my final mix always ends up around 100TDS

Thx Shinobi it helps a lot.
About ADA fert, I have a book with many ADA's tanks and they give specific doses amount for each tank. They are almost the same, according to the plants inside. Only the tanks with a lot of stem plants received macro.
However they do not say anything about the possible sticks used to fertilize the soil.

Sticks should be applied after 6-8 months of substrate life, and then again every third month or so. That is if you run the ADA system - I don't

Thinking of adding some rams, for a bit of c
20201012_211206.jpg
ontrast

Plants are in great health! Very nice.

How would you describe the light coverage of a single solar RGB at the two sides of a 90P tank? Plants are growing perfectly looking at the pictures, but does the tank look quite unevenly lit in person? I might go for the exact same setup in future and your feedback with help me chose the light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plants are in great health! Very nice.

How would you describe the light coverage of a single solar RGB at the two sides of a 90P tank? Plants are growing perfectly looking at the pictures, but does the tank look quite unevenly lit in person? I might go for the exact same setup in future and your feedback with help me chose the light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1 Solar has plenty coverage for a 90cm tank. In person you can't tell the sides apart from the middle in terms of illumination

Looking stunning 👌

It is stunning, just keeps getting better as it continues to grow. I must admit to liking it more when it's allowed to grow a little wilder though, like in the image in #70.

It is stunning, just keeps getting better as it continues to grow. I must admit to liking it more when it's allowed to grow a little wilder though, like in the image in #70.
Agree! Should return to its more "wild" form in a couple of weeks. I just wanted to keep a bit more sand visible than before, keeping the growth around the edges of the stones I think brings a more natural look

I love this tank! I'm about to setup a new Aquascaper 900 and looking for inspiration. This is very similar to the layout I've been thinking about, but was thinking about planting a bit more heavily over on the back right to give some colour and maybe some stems for more fish cover. Do you think that would ruin the look by trying to mix two styles?

Back