• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Rivers Edge - ADA 45P - planted and filled

Hi all,
I have <"Limpets"> (Acroloxus lacustris) in the tanks and I'm pretty sure that they don't eat any of the plants. Mine tend to come and go in abundance, but I don't know why.

cheers Darrel

I've always had them in both my tanks even though I buy 90% of plant in vitro but suppose that is still 10% where I've not been as careful, never had them this bad and is usually just a handful

They don't bother me apart from looking untidy (same as the love or hate snail dilema)

Hi all,
I've always had them in both my tanks even though I buy 90% of plant in vitro but suppose that is still 10% where I've not been as careful, never had them this bad and is usually just a handful
I think mine came in with some moss that I picked up from <"Bosherston Lily ponds">, but I've put a few different wild collected mosses and plants, so they might have come with other mosses etc. They seem to come and go in abundance, but I don't know why.

I believe they feed at night, but I've never seen mine anything other than static on the glass.

cheers Darrel

Just came home and was admiring the view as I walked into the living room with nothing but tank lights on so thought I'd share

Screenshot_20190310-195659_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20190310-195809_Instagram.jpg

Seen another stunnjng HMPK galaxy betta for sale tonight, similar markings but mainly white instead of red

So tempted to get another small tank.... :crazy:

How much? Saw some nice ones at my LFS but they were asking 45€ which is way too much expensive IMO

How much? Saw some nice ones at my LFS but they were asking 45€ which is way too much expensive IMO

Yeh that's very expensive, standard price I've seen them for is £25 which includes my LFS and online

I have plenty of hardscape left over from my 2 tanks, I've got a betta trio with dividers removed but it's more of a spare/quarantine emergency tank but do I try a shallow tank....small cube....or just stick with the 2 tanks I have and spare myself the extra maintenance...

Seen another stunnjng HMPK galaxy betta for sale tonight, similar markings but mainly white instead of red

So tempted to get another small tank.... :crazy:
Do it!

Remember that rule of odds (human perception finds asymmetry more attractive :cool:)

Do it!

Remember that rule of odds (human perception finds asymmetry more attractive :cool:)

Like you're thinking @alto but I'm too late and that one is sold already, ones like that don't come up often but it's got me thinking again though...

Depends on the fish :)
Show quality, breeder quality are expensive fish, new color strains cost much more (and breeder will sell males only, also never top males)

@alto i've been toying with the idea of using my quarantine tank as a buce grow out tank (experiment) and cost wise that might just win out even though i would love another betta, never say never though and might end up with both in the future...

Long overdue an update but this is about to see its 3rd rescape, I removed the wood as it was too much of a pain for maintenance (should have known better) and I've let the tennelum and frogbit run rampant

Betta is doing great and has darkened up a lot so will get a pic soon

Ok so I promised a couple of betta update pics...

Apologies for the poor quality but he gets far too excited when you approach the tank and darts about

Screenshot_20190829-185344_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20190829-185648_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20190829-185752_Instagram.jpg

This is also the last picture of the tank before it's torn down, it's been neglected over the summer due to work commitments and most of the wood was removed to make water changes easier but it will be getting a makeover in the next couple of weeks with some new wood that arrived from the states now I have more time

Screenshot_20190829-185202_Instagram.jpg

Stunning Galaxy!

He’s worth rather more now if you chanced to list him ;)

A great example of how “red” hides beneath “blue” in Bettas

Thanks @alto the pictures dont do him justice and his iridescent scales are something else with the blue really bright now

I would love to breed him as it seems a waste not to and lose his colour strain so to speak but I just dont have the space or means to properly raise them

Back