• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Rivers Edge - ADA 45P - planted and filled

:lol: All in good time mate, got a week off work next week so plan is to rescape this and also set up the new 75P

Very simple hardscape of just manzanita for this one this time round

and after the carnage that ensued after trying him out with shrimp.......i'm thinking about trying him with a nerite snail, need some sort of clean up crew and hopefully he leaves it alone

There are still a few shrimp surviving in there and will be pulled when i rescape but i've also found a few errrmmmm, less than intact lets say :wideyed: definitely an angry wee boy

I think you need to try several snails - that will divide Mr Betta’s focus

Dark shrimp seem to attract less attention, you can also try some of the Japonica var. (meanest shrimp I’ve ever seen)

Have fun next week :D

this is a very true but i also want to limit the amount of annoying white eggs around the tank.....

I've been completely snail free in my tanks up until now but i need a clean up crew in this tank, i put in culls from my main tank so they were pretty clear. Sometimes he leaves them alone and swims on by, sometimes it's like a scene from Kill Bill

A long overdue update with the new low maintenance and simple re-scape...

IMG_20191008_192533_189.jpg

the lack of surface movement on this tank bothers me, ran co2 on it for a couple of days but a surface film of co2 developed which is obviously not good for a surface breather like a betta so was swiftly removed

i'm at a crossroads with this tank with the following options:
  1. Stick with running the Eheim 250t and remedy the surface movement with an aquascaper skimmer inflow
  2. Remove the Eheim external and use an Eheim Liberty 130/200 HOB (really liking the liberty on my nano tank), simplifies the tank completely but will need to add an internal heater. This will give a slow flow water movement around the tank (more than option 1)
  3. Side (rim) mounted lights bother me for maintenance and after setting my other 2 tanks up with a chihiros vivid and flexi mini i'm considering my options of changing the light (ONF flat nano or similar as this doesn't need to be high light)

So as above this tank was pretty much just thrown together as a quick fix while I decided where I was going to go next with it, after searching for a while I finally found the perfect piece of hardscape for what I'm planning....

This will be the new main hardscape piece, lighting will be changed to an ONF Flat Nano and filtration will be an Eheim Liberty 130 HOB
IMG_20191124_120830_854.jpg

:oops: I missed your Oct 23 post ... I run a few nano tanks with just an Eheim 350 skim or Mini Up, I also just set the lily pipe so that it gently roils the surface, there may be some CO2 loss but it seems to work well enough

I’ve in LOVE with my ONF Flat Nano (I got the + version as it was on sale for not much more)

:nailbiting: for the rescape :D

I’ve in LOVE with my ONF Flat Nano (I got the + version as it was on sale for not much more)

I've to Say that I'm regretting selling mine...looking for the + version too now :D, Pricey but very good for nano tanks and versatile.

I've been impressed with the eheim liberty HOBs I've now got running on my 2 nano tanks, good turnover without too strong flow, plenty of room for media for such a small unit and perfect surface rolling as I always seem to get a slight film on my nanos, plus it's not affected by floaters like the eheim skim can be and like you say @alto I'm happy with a bit of co2 loss and will just run a bit higher

@alto @CooKieS I just got the normal one since the actual light is the same and £30/40 for it being app controlled is a nice option but not something I'm too bothered about on this tank

I've been impressed with the eheim liberty HOBs I've now got running on my 2 nano tanks, good turnover without too strong flow

If you don’t work for Eheim @Kalum you should :lol:

You’ve sold me on the Liberty HOB, just ordered the 75 model. Going to try it on a Nano shrimp tank.

If you don’t work for Eheim @Kalum you should :lol:

You’ve sold me on the Liberty HOB, just ordered the 75 model. Going to try it on a Nano shrimp tank.

:lol::clap: I wish I was getting commission mate but can't take the credit I stole the use of them from @Iain Sutherland ;)

I've got the 75 and 130 at the minute

Thanks Darrel and natural is exactly what I want this scape to be, back to basics and something a bit different from my high tech 75p and those types of tanks and hardscape

@doylecolmdoyle and some others on here have pulled off the simplistic scapes like this well so will see how I get on with this one

My betta seems to be loving life in my flexi nano so that might become his forever home, but it means this will be empty......any suggestions?

IMG_20191230_211954_691.jpg

@Monkfish it's amazing what people can see in things just like clouds, now you say it I can kinda see it as well :lol:

Having a think overnight and I'm thinking about a small group (6ish) of pygmy corys for this as well as it being a shrimp tank (instead of my flexi mini being my shrimp tank, this being 3x the size will help stability for them as well)

Tempted to add something else but need to watch it's not over stocked but been having a look at loaches, gobys, sparkling gourami (scarlet badis and pea puffers are out due to shrimp unfortunately)

Or the easy nano go to of bororas brigittae

Back