• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

RO filter question?

mattyc

How long do the pre filters last on a RO filter i have a aqua medic easy line 90 filter? Also
How can i boost my production of RO water?

these are both simple questions but am a bit confused thanks to Google and people saying diffrent things!!!! :arghh:

Thanks Matt

Noramly prefilters should be changed every 6 months.

The only way to up Ro production is to either add a pump to increase the pressure, which probably isn't necessary, or add a second RO member, into which the 'waste' water from the first membrane goes. That's what Ive done, and it must be close to double the output.

Sam

You can also add additional membranes in parallel and fit an extra flow restrictor. Some koi keepers who run RO units have 3 membranes each in parallel with a flow restrictor after each membrane and then another one after the three outputs have been recombined. This gives a really low rejection rate and high outputs - ideal for a koi pond where you need a lot of water.

Thanks everyone i knew someone like lot you would have a good idea like these or know about this sort of thing!!!! :lol:

Back