Rock only setups ?

Discussion in 'General Planted Tank Discussions' started by johnb, 22 Apr 2008.

1. johnb

johnb Member

Hi

Been looking round and cant see any rock only setups ?, I was just wondering if any has such a setup, im getting an urge for tank number 2

Regards

John B

2. Graeme Edwards

Graeme Edwards Founder Staff Member

Hi,
    When you say rock only, do you mean just rocks and no plants, or do you mean Iwagumi rock style tanks?
    Have a look through the links section on the main page. You will find some sites very inspirational.

Graeme.

3. afroturf

afroturf Member

Funny you mention this as, just this weekend I have been set up a 200L tank that will not contain any plant.

I really like biotope tanks I have a Amazon biotope tank that contains very few plants, and lots of wood. But the 200L tank will be South East Asian, river setup with lots of large rock and fast following water, the main types of fish i will be keeping in it will be gobies, maybe some hillstream loaches and some Barbs.

What are you planning?

4. Azaezl

Azaezl Member

I suppose technically my smallest tank is a rock only tank, it doesn't have any plants just algae(Cladophora aegagrophila) & cherry shrimps, pics can be seen in my journal - http://ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1389 or just look at my signature :)

5. TDI-line

TDI-line Member

6. Dan Crawford

Dan Crawford Founder Staff Member

Give that we are the UK Aquatic Plant Society it's not too surprising that there are few tanks on here with only rocks LOL ;)

7. LondonDragon

LondonDragon Administrator Staff Member

hehe so true, you better off looking at chiclid forum, then you will find loads of rock only scapes.