• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Rocks ID

Bhavik

I just bought some rocks and wanted to ask what they are and whether they are safe to keep with discus and tropical fish?

Thanks

Attachments

• 204A5FBA-3EDA-41E3-808C-75AC23730C7D.jpeg
    204A5FBA-3EDA-41E3-808C-75AC23730C7D.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 291
Top two dragon stone, the other two some sort of banded quartzite. Both okay to use. Just give the dragon stone a good hose down or jet wash to get rid of sediment trapped in the holes etc.

Ok thank you!
Are they good quality stone or could I find better?

Thanks

Also wanted to ask will any of these rocks change the composition of my water?

Thanks

The dragon stone can look really nice in aquascapes, although I would say more challenging given its unusual shape - check out the dragon stone scape at Green Aqua (youtube) looks really nice. Personally I wouldn't use the other stone, I think the different colours/contours would look odd - but all personal preference!

Also the white rock shows even the tiniest bit of algae really well and is a nightmare to keep white.

The only reason I bought the white rock so it would contrast of the dragon stone maybe i’ll go back and have a look to see if they have got any others ones

Thanks for that i’ll have a look at the scape

What other rocks will look good or I should look out for?

Also the rocks I have currently will they change my water parameters

Back