• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Rocky meadow

ghostsword

@ghostsword -- Rocky Meadow, aquascape on a 60cm optiwhite tank.

http://youtu.be/rCcC_hbikWQ

The details are:
[AQUARIUM SIZE]
W: 60 x D: 40 x H: 40 (cm)

[WATER PLANTS]
Anubias barteri var. nana 'Petite' ; Cryptocoryne
wendtii 'Tropica' ; Microsorum pteropus 'Narrow' ; Sagittaria subulata ; Vesicularia ferriei 'Weeping' ; Hydrocotyle tripartita ;

[FISH]
Otocinclus affinis ; Megalamphodus sweglesi ; Caridina japonica ; Sundadanio axelrodi ; Microrasbora kubotai ; Oryzias woworae

[SUBSTRATE]
ADA Amazonia and Gravel

[FILTER]
JBL e900

[LIGHT]
TMC 1000nd Led

[CO2]
JBL Co2

[Hardscape]
The rocks are from the Azores, basalt sea stones.
The wood is manzanita.

After setup, as I reused plants from other tanks.
7552615160_fe32170b14.jpg
Rocky Meadow by GHOSTSWORD, on Flickr

HarryRobinson said:
I'd leave it like that! Looks very natural, people on here would dream of having a jungle scape like yours :thumbup:

Ditto. Looks amazing.

Please tell me this isn't your first tank and that you've been doing this for a while. :)

Looks great! I echo the comments about keeping it overgrown but I suppose that's the look I prefer.

I like it bushy, but the moss is really taking over, soon there is no more space.. :)

Also as I need to move the tank it will be rescaped, but thankfully as all plants are on rock or wood it is easy to move it around.

Stitch said:
HarryRobinson said:
I'd leave it like that! Looks very natural, people on here would dream of having a jungle scape like yours :thumbup:

Ditto. Looks amazing.

Please tell me this isn't your first tank and that you've been doing this for a while. :)

:) no, not my first scape..

Thankfully UKAPS has helped to gain the necessary knowledge.. :)

Very nice :)

Chris

easerthegeezer said:
i like the moss mate. Is this the stone you brought back when you were home?

I got these rocks sent to me from the Azores.. they are really nice.. heavy basalt smooth stones.. :)

The tank does look brighter and more open, three long pieces of wood were taken out.. :)

The moss is on aluminium mesh, it will be easy to take them out , sell, or use for another rescape.

hey ghoastsword
nice setup please tell me what ferts product are you using on that setup

Back