• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Rome wasnt built in a day but this Roma 90 was šŸ¤£

Kevin Eades

So having been given a duplicate Roma90 tank from my sister, ive swapped out the badly scratched second hand tank i bought. The old tank held my very first aquascape i did at the first lockdown. Having very little spare finance i have reused the hardscape and plants i had in that tank but went for a more dramatic hardscape (hopefully?). I started the day yesterday with the idea of cleaning the stones and maybe having a few plays with hardscape. 5 hours later im filled with water. Have the filter to setup today as my partner had enough of the mess last night šŸ¤£
Took a lot of plant mass out to try and grow back in to where i want. The other plants are in storage if i need to add more.
20210304_152026.jpg
20210304_165136.jpg
20210304_165139.jpg
20210304_170914.jpg
20210304_173909.jpg
20210228_132307.jpg
this was how it looked before rescape.

Monte carlo and there is some Eleocharia mini but it never really grew in the old scape sent a few runners. Gunna upgrade the light before I buy more carpet plants

Just a thought with the old badly scratched one,was it scratched on the front only?
I had one like that and removed the trim,turned it round and replaced the trim ;)

Just a thought with the old badly scratched one,was it scratched on the front only?
I had one like that and removed the trim,turned it round and replaced the trim ;)
That is a good idea the trim is loose on top anyway and I don't care about the badge. It's going in my office as a grow out tank so not really an issue

So I have just done some tests on the water. Now I know I put a mature filter on but 0 ammonia and Nitrites and 30ppm on nitrate. With new AS I thought I'd have ammonia for a few days at low levels. I haven't even been good with my water changes on this tank. Only done one in 3days šŸ˜« as the other half had enough of pipes over the house for days. Couple of stowaway shrimp living the high life in the empty tank.
20210308_180925.jpg

My CO2 has finally arrived so set that up this evening. Just in time i think as the plants which are used to co2 have not responded well to a week of tank changes and no co2. Must remember now i have an inline diffuser not to disconnect the non return valve. Came back to a small puddle lol after refilling bubble counter šŸ˜…

So the tank is 15 days old since the rescape using old plant. Everything is now showing signs of growing again. Some leaves šŸƒwill get a trim today that suffered. Added some occupants last night. These guys were being bullied by the penguin tetras into a corner of my other tank. Now they have new digs for themselves. What do you guys think I should buy to go with them?
20210320_120532.jpg
20210320_120515.jpg
20210320_120520.jpg

That looks absolutely beautiful! What was the fish you eventually chose to accompany the Harlequins?
There are 3 danios I had in another tank. They hid constantly in that tank but like to hang with the harlequins and seem much happier. Other than that it's just cherry shrimp and nerite snails in that tank

Back