• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

"Roots" - First Tank After 16 Years . . .

Hi all,Try some micro worms, they really like them, and will come out to hoover them up.

Cheers Darrel

Purchased or cultured Darrel? Will the Embers take those too?

I’ve been trying to culture brine shrimp with only limited success, so happy to try an alternative.

My home brew shrimp and oto food is proving surprisingly popular - even with the fattest of my Embers . . .

upload_2020-2-14_18-55-3.jpeg

Hi all,
Purchased or cultured Darrel? Will the Embers take those too?

I’ve been trying to culture brine shrimp with only limited success, so happy to try an alternative.
Yes, all small fish like them. You need a starting culture, but they are very low maintenance to keep.

Have a look at <“Microworm culture”>.

Cheers Darrel

Forgot to include here that I added 8 little Chilli Rasbora about 4 weeks ago. I was a little concerned when I read that they weren’t so keen on hard water, and also that they can be very shy.

My Chilli’s are nothing of the sort, they’re positively boisterous, especially at feeding time, and have settled into the tank really well. A regular diet of live food has brought out some incredible coloration.

upload_2020-3-22_18-48-43.jpeg

Back