• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Roots of change

alex08

Hi guys,

I think it's time to show you my new nano aquarium setup, also a nature style one.
I find it challenging every time i set up a new aquarium, looking to have more details in the hardscape.

The meaning behind the title comes from all the ideas i had for the past few months about creating and giving an even more natural look, somehow surpassing Around the old tree and why not, Forest dreams.

We'll see how that goes in the months to follow.

Aquarium and equipement :

-Aquael Econoline 60x30x30
-Diversa Led 18w lighting
-Dennerle Scaper's Flow
-Twinstar M2

Hardscape, sand and gravel :

-Red moore, Twinty wood, Lava stone
-Dennerle Crystal Quartz Black, Dennerle Plantahunter Rio Xingu, JBL Sansibar White

Fish and shrimps :

Hyphessobrycon amandae, Neocaridina davidi var. Orange, Caridina cantonensis sp. Super Crystal Red.

Plants :

Bolbitis heudelotii, Crepidomanes cf. malabaricum, Anubias micro "Pangolino", Anubias barteri var. nana "petite", Microsorum needle leaf, Microsorum pteropus windelov, Echinodorus tennelus, Micranthemum sp. "Monte Carlo", Eleocharis pussila mini, Hemianthus cuba, Bucephalandra sp. mini needle leaf, Bucephalandra sp wavy leaf, Rotala sp. Goias.

Fertilization with :

-Dennerle, Easy Life, Masterline (Romanian line of fertilizers) - more details to give you about these.

Let's start from the beginning :

watermarked-rootsofchange_day1_1_900_021769bb1.jpg

watermarked-rootsofchange_day1_2_900_02173dbbf.jpg

watermarked-rootsofchange_day1_3_900_0217b06ca.jpg

watermarked-rootsofchange_day1_4_900_021713751.jpg

watermarked-rootsofchange_day1_5_900_0217b0d30.jpg

watermarked-rootsofchange_day1_6_900_0217ed77e.jpg

watermarked-rootsofchange_day1_7_900_0217889a7.jpg

watermarked-rootsofchange_day1_8_900_0217de913.jpg

watermarked-rootsofchange_day1_9_900_02179fba9.jpg

watermarked-rootsofchange_day1_10_900_0217b1d47.jpg

I usually like to fill it in with all the plants i want to have from the beginning and maybe, if i find something that doesn't go along well, i'll just take it out afterwards.

I did add some small branches on each side of the trail, after a few days, trying to give it more depth.

Very nice plant placement, Alex. You have definitely achieved a natural look. It's a very good idea to fill up with plants and judge the setup and planting thoroughly the before filling with water. I will remember that idea. :)

Hi,

Nice scape!

You could improve the path by making it less straight into the back glass and smaller on the back...that will give better depth and perspective ;)

Awesome cristal clear pics and tank...I Wish I had your photography skills! :snaphappy::thumbup:

Got myself an olympus em10 mark II but I can't use it properly :banghead:

Great looking scape realy like the plant choise. The only minor thing i see is the branches over the sand path, the make it look like an tunnel, maybe you can give it a more natural look by puting some branches under different angles, but that is mine opinion. What did you put in the bags under the soil? realy like this idea

Hi,

I need to stress this question once more :)

What did you put in the bags under the soil? realy like this idea

I enjoy the hardscape layout and despite the arranged look of the path, I really like it over all.

Another question: What's your long term experience with Micranthemum sp. "Monte Carlo" in such shady places? Does it grow well or will it melt over time? The way it fits into your Layout is stunning.

The only minor thing i see is the branches over the sand path, the make it look like an tunnel
I know and i'll be working on that also. Still want to give a lot more details to this setup. I'll keep you guys posted.

What did you put in the bags under the soil?
Just some JBL Manado i had left from my last setup in the big tank (Roots and Grit). Nothing special.

despite the arranged look of the path, I really like it over all
It's going to change a lot when the plants grow in, might even put some smaller rocks here and there to give it a more "S" shape, going to the back.

What's your long term experience with Micranthemum sp. "Monte Carlo" in such shady places? Does it grow well or will it melt over time?
I think it won't depend only on the lighting. Mine is also influenced by the lack of CO2, but it seems to grow alright, slower, but definitely not dying.

Some more details from day 29 :

watermarked-rootsofchange_day29_12_900_0317aba53.jpg

watermarked-rootsofchange_day29_13_900_03177149e.jpg

watermarked-rootsofchange_day29_15_900_0317ac127.jpg

watermarked-rootsofchange_day29_16_900_03172c8af.jpg

watermarked-rootsofchange_day29_17_900_03178b3ce.jpg

watermarked-rootsofchange_day29_18_900_03177ef47.jpg

watermarked-rootsofchange_day29_20_900_0317847cb.jpg

Hi guys,

I think it's time to show you my new nano aquarium setup, also a nature style one.
I find it challenging every time i set up a new aquarium, looking to have more details in the hardscape.

The meaning behind the title comes from all the ideas i had for the past few months about creating and giving an even more natural look, somehow surpassing Around the old tree and why not, Forest dreams.

We'll see how that goes in the months to follow.

Aquarium and equipement :

-Aquael Econoline 60x30x30
-Diversa Led 18w lighting
-Dennerle Scaper's Flow
-Twinstar M2

Hardscape, sand and gravel :

-Red moore, Twinty wood, Lava stone
-Dennerle Crystal Quartz Black, Dennerle Plantahunter Rio Xingu, JBL Sansibar White

Fish and shrimps :

Hyphessobrycon amandae, Neocaridina davidi var. Orange, Caridina cantonensis sp. Super Crystal Red.

Plants :

Bolbitis heudelotii, Crepidomanes cf. malabaricum, Anubias micro "Pangolino", Anubias barteri var. nana "petite", Microsorum needle leaf, Microsorum pteropus windelov, Echinodorus tennelus, Micranthemum sp. "Monte Carlo", Eleocharis pussila mini, Hemianthus cuba, Bucephalandra sp. mini needle leaf, Bucephalandra sp wavy leaf, Rotala sp. Goias.

Fertilization with :

-Dennerle, Easy Life, Masterline (Romanian line of fertilizers) - more details to give you about these.

Let's start from the beginning :

watermarked-rootsofchange_day1_3_900_0217b06ca.jpg

watermarked-rootsofchange_day1_4_900_021713751.jpg

watermarked-rootsofchange_day1_5_900_0217b0d30.jpg

watermarked-rootsofchange_day1_6_900_0217ed77e.jpg

watermarked-rootsofchange_day1_7_900_0217889a7.jpg

Hello
Very beautiful
one question :
Your goal of putting stones in the first place and then put the packet and pour the substrate what is it?
Because from the beginning poured the same substrate height is not correct?

Your goal of putting stones in the first place and then put the packet and pour the substrate what is it?
I used all i had to get the substrate as high as i wanted. The rooks were just fine for taking some more space, before adding the bags of substrate and gravel at the end.

Back