• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Rotala macrandra deficiency

kschyff

I have these Rotala's in my tank and have tried to get them to grow better than illustrated, but to no avail. They get CO2 and pearl like crazy during the photoperiod. I also fertilise with APT complete. According to the pics, what deficiency is it likely to be?

Attachments

• 20220615_184628.jpg
    20220615_184628.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 288
  • 20220615_184623.jpg
    20220615_184623.jpg
    1,017.8 KB · Views: 128
Difficult to say without sufficient data on your water. Possibly calcium deficiency.

@_Maq_ I am using RO water and was dosing with APT3 (bit more than I should actually). Was remineralising with Aquavitro Shrimp GH+. Its because of this that O started the other thread about the EI dosing. The thread seemed to move in to a KH discussion now. This tank's KH is 0 and the GH is about 4. Medium light at most. I also suspect Ca so I am hopeful that once my chemicals arrive I will be able to mix an EI Fert that will enable me to eliminate some variables.

I also suspect Ca so I am hopeful that once my chemicals arrive I will be able to mix an EI Fert that will enable me to eliminate some variables.
I'm not into EI, but yesterday I've seen some analyses of recommended ferts dosing according to EI method, and I don't think this is the way to fight calcium deficiency.

Back