• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

rotala macrandra 'mini type 4' and rotala orange juice leave discoloration

heavenkid

Seedling
My rotala macrandra 'mini type 4' and rotala orange juice leave have severe discoloration, not in a good shape. I have no idea what went wrong, here are my spec and dosing regime.

Can advise me know what went wrong?

Mine is a 47gallon tank, 90x45x45cm.I using a zetlight zt6400 and chiller.
light is on 7hrs daily, co2 is on before 2hrs the light turn on and all the way till the light is off.
I try to achieve an 1.2ph drop.
Before co2 come on, tank ph is 6.7. After 2hrs of co2 on, ph is 5.5

I dose weekly
20ppm k
7ppm no3
7ppm Po4
5ppm Mg
0.4ppm Fe/traces

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 544
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 318
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 247
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 203
Hi all,
Assuming the new leaves really are pale yellow? Then it looks likely that your iron chelator isn't working effectively, and the iron (Fe) you've added has precipitated out of solution and become unavailable to the plants.

Most plant nutrients are mobile within the plant, which means that older leaves show deficiency symptoms first, but Iron is non-mobile, so the plant can't move it to new leaves. Plants require iron for chlorophyll synthesis, and if it is deficient you get these chlorotic shoot tips.

Rotala spp. look to be really sensitive to low iron levels, and we've seen this quite often. Have a look at <"Rotala rotundifolia growth issues">, it is quite a long thread but it probably covers the subject fairly fully.

cheers Darrel

Thanks for ur advise darrel. Will read up the thread and add another supply of fe in to see how its goes.

Hi Edvet,

Ya, i restricting the nitrate. Hmm co2 not sufficient?

Flow is great. I using 2 canisters filter cum powerhead in this tank to ensure no deadspot.

Yes, all the plants moving in the flow.
I do agree with you, Edvet.
The plants do look unhealthy..
I wondering what went wrong.
Meanwhile will increase my co2 and see how its goes.

Back