• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Rotala red

Mattant1984

Hi guys,

So ive picked up a few bunches of Rotala red from a local guy that was trimming his tank. He runs a high tech C02 tank with top end lighting so they are an amazing pink colour and the growth he gets is incredible.

My question is what can I expect them to do in my tank with only basic lighting and root tabs? Will they change colour quickly or deteriate in my tank??

Many thanks

Rotala Rotundfolia Red doesn't require CO2 to remain red,
However, 'basic' lighting may not be as high in the red spectrum as a more expensive light and therefore, the plant appears less red.

DSC00625 08 oct 21.jpg

Here's my Rotala Red top view using normal room lighting. This is a basic lowtech tank with a single hang on filter,no Co2. If I place an expensive light over it with 100% red setting, it will look much redder.

Rotala Rotundfolia Red doesn't require CO2 to remain red,
However, 'basic' lighting may not be as high in the red spectrum as a more expensive light and therefore, the plant appears less red.

View attachment 189987

Here's my Rotala Red top view using normal room lighting. This is a basic lowtech tank with a single hang on filter,no Co2. If I place an expensive light over it with 100% red setting, it will look much redder.
Looks awesome mate, growing very well indeed 👍👍

Back