• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Rotala sp. green - with a bad case of the bends!! help!

B7fec

Hi All,

Advice needed o_O , have planted Rotala sp. green in my new tank along with aload of other plants, but while all the other plants are thriving the rotala seems to be suffering........it is no longer growing straight but instead curling over and almost creeping across the tank substrate, the rotala has thrown out tons of white roots (well think its roots) and side shoots, but any idea what the problem could be?

B7fec said:
Hi All,

Advice needed o_O , have planted Rotala sp. green in my new tank along with aload of other plants, but while all the other plants are thriving the rotala seems to be suffering........it is no longer growing straight but instead curling over and almost creeping across the tank substrate, the rotala has thrown out tons of white roots (well think its roots) and side shoots, but any idea what the problem could be?
This is perfectly normal with sp. Green :) Its actually one of the things which makes this plant really special. The really hard part is finding a way of using this to your advantage, like draping it over some hardscape, or even allowing other plants to support it where needed.

Garuf said:
Pictures, could be that it's not actually rotalla green.

Hi Garuf,

Defo rotala sp. green, brought all my plants from TGM, will sort some pics out tomorrow for you to see.

B7fec said:
ummmmmm.....ideas welcome...

it will grow to the top of the tank...in time, but before it gets to the top it will hit the front and fill the foreground first.

welcome to the 'bendy' club. Theirs many that would love this effect, but cant get it. count your blessings my friend ;)

saintly said:
B7fec said:
ummmmmm.....ideas welcome...

it will grow to the top of the tank...in time, but before it gets to the top it will hit the front and fill the foreground first.

welcome to the 'bendy' club. Theirs many that would love this effect, but cant get it. count your blessings my friend ;)

Blessings counted, will see how it goes.....cheers :thumbup:

Note sure about green, but indica in my tank always behaves like that after re-planting.

Amoeba said:
Note sure about green, but indica in my tank always behaves like that after re-planting.

Maybe it's just something something some species of rotala does....mine has now only been planted for 8 days and I can see some change in height.

Here are some pics of the tank and the rotala green, I have just started to notice a change in height.
The tank is now 8 days old and you can see in the photos (excuse them as they are off my phone!!) the rest of the plants are growing well
26022010031.jpg
rotala's in the middle.

Other tank pics.....
26022010033.jpg

26022010034.jpg

Gotta work on getting rid of the algae!

Back