• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

rotting glosso

tanker

Hi all,
my glosso have not been spreading well. And worse, its dying.... new leaves still sprouts, but more are actually rotting. some have pinholes, some looked like sth has been munching on them (unlikely due to my stocks). everyday i need to remove floating dead glosso leaves. this is bad!!

i've presssurised CO2, high light (T5 36W, which i covered partially to bring down the light intensity), AS Malaya, and dose ADAspecial brighty (with NPK) + step 2. my tank is small 27 litres... HOB EHEIM Liberty filter published capacity of 380litres per hour.

i tried to get dry ferts here, but without success therefore spent some $$ on the ADA ferts in hope to improve the condition. however it still seems the same. i'd like to get some pictures when i can.

anybody has bad experience for glosso? could it be due to the flow? or i need more lights? i reduced it because with such high light i was having algae problems. the water still turns slightly green in 1 week if i did not change it....

Just make sure the flow is directed at the glosso, mine didn't do too well until I installed a powerhead and directed flow right into it. Do you use a drop checker? migh try and increase CO2 and also double your ferts, you might not be dosing enough, and see the effects after a couple of weeks.

ok.. i'll double my ferts... see how it goes. its also probably due to flow like u said coz it grows better along the side of the aquarium.. how do u improve flow in such a small tank? i'm using a hook on filter..

some pictures here, any comments? sorry bout the tea bag behind the tank.
DSC00284.jpg

DSC00283.jpg

You may want to consider ditching the internal filter and getting a canister filter. That way you can get a more powerful rating (10X tank volume per hour). Another option is to add a powerhead and direct flow towards the glosso.

Cheers,

Back