• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Roughyeds 75L

roughyed

Details -

60x30x45 = 75L
Internal Aqua One filter + Tetratec EX700 external. (internal removed in a few weeks)
Tetra substrate and black sand

Lighting

1 x T8 15w
30w Total.

Stocking
5 x Amano shrimp
1 x Cherry shrimp (filter refugee)
8 x Tiger shrimp

Front right = Cryptocoryne Parva, Back right low crypt (!), Crypt wendtii ''green'', Other crypt. Middle back Rotala rotundifolia , Back Left Vallisneria nana, Front left Crypts + amazon swords (maybe). And a big lump of willow moss I have cultivated!

tank75l-1.jpg

tank75l2.jpg

It in two levels (an idea that hasn't quite worked as when I put it in it had anubias nana attached to it, but it worked loose in a day!) I want the main front sand area open and the top level quite dense. No real hardscape wich it needs I think.

I bet the shrimp like that big clump of moss!

I think you could do with some branches with moss growing on it too.

Also, is there any way you could make the heater less prominent? It's spoiling the look. If you can't move it, maybe grow some long stems in front of it to hide it?

hellohefalump said:
I bet the shrimp like that big clump of moss!

I think you could do with some branches with moss growing on it too.

Also, is there any way you could make the heater less prominent? It's spoiling the look. If you can't move it, maybe grow some long stems in front of it to hide it?

The shrimp seem happy so far, the Tigers have only been in a week but seem happy.

I was thinking that it needs some hardscape and mossy branches would work.

The heater is to long to fit neatly in the corner (partly cause of the raised level) so I need a short (er) 150W heater.

LondonDragon said:
Nice shrimp tank :) any breeding yet?
None yet! But the Cherries in my other tank have no problems! I was going to add some Bee shrimp but they can hybridise with the tigers, so am unsure.

roughyed said:
The heater is to long to fit neatly in the corner (partly cause of the raised level) so I need a short (er) 150W heater.

Why 150W?

A 50W would be adequate for a tank of that size, however I would probably go with 100W.

150W will create steep temperature changes. I've got a 100W in a similar size tank and see fluctuations of almost 2 degrees (OK, over 1 degree). I try to keep it at 25c and it will drop to nearly 24 and then kick in until it hits almost 26c. A 50W heater (on this size tank) would kick in and out more frequently and therefore give a much more stable temp.

sumink fishy said:
roughyed said:

Why 150W?

A 50W would be adequate for a tank of that size, however I would probably go with 100W.

150W will create steep temperature changes. I've got a 100W in a similar size tank and see fluctuations of almost 2 degrees (OK, over 1 degree). I try to keep it at 25c and it will drop to nearly 24 and then kick in until it hits almost 26c. A 50W heater (on this size tank) would kick in and out more frequently and therefore give a much more stable temp.
Due to a flat mates lack of finacial skils we often have no gas therefore the room temperature drops to as low as 10 degress some nights, so the 'delta' is 15 degrees or more sometimes. I thought you therefore need to over spec the heater in wattage?

Back