• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Rukes Shrimp tank

Ruke

Hi I already have a aqua nano 40 with fish and shrimps planted and fancy trying my hand at a proper shrimp tank. So I got donated a free tank and got some stone and gone for an outcrop look.
Tank is 20lts AA (old but free)
Filter stock trickle filter 200L/hr
Size 15x30x44
Substrate- aqua gro
Light- stock 8watt 12inch bulb, update Led light bar on timer
Heater- 50 watt

unaguzat.jpg

e6e5yrup.jpg

be3u4a7e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thinking of keeping this as a low tech tank maybe with Crystal Red Bee shrimps in when ready.
Need some help and advice with what to plant and the position
Maybe some advice on upgrading equipment etc
Free plants i can steal from other tank are Java fern, Java moss, a stem plant not sure what it is yet
Also will put a proper mesh filter on intake before putting shrimp in

Last edited:
Really like that hardscape, simple yet highly effective :)
As for plant position, I'm far from an expert, but how about the java fern on the low end (left) of the stone and moss on the rest, with your stems at the back? :)

Hi Ruke.
One thing to bare in mind using seiryu rock is that it can have a dramatic effect on carbonate hardness (KH) in your tank. CRS prefer a very low KH, so in a small tank it may take some management of water to keep them happy.....it's far from impossible though and only time will tell to what extent your particular rocks may alter things. It tends to be dependant upon the amount of white veining your rocks have as this is what dissolves into your water and alters the chemistry.
Good luck mate.
Cheerio
Ady.

I can only echo what ady has said, I would recommend ro water if you are able to use it to keep better control of kh. It looks really good though mate!

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

How badly is the rock affecting your tds?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Back