• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ryan's ADA 120p

Ryan Thang To

Hello everyone

this will be my new project for now. at lease i can control this better that now i got rid of 3 tanks make way for this beautiful ada 120p i always been dreaming off. i got the tank from TGM with 33% off. i knew i had to buy it :)

anyways im hoping this will be a long journal and with my little boy and amazing wife around i hope i can keep it up.

i will be covering everthing thing i can with details and plans on what will be happen.

slowy i been buying bits and bob for the aquarium and using equipment i had from my ada 60p. right now im still collecting wood and rocks for the layout.

i will add picture on the go and try my best.
ok here a quick list on the menu. enjoy :lol:

cheers
ryan

ada 120p
wave station cabinet white
aqua soil
rocks and manzi wood
tropica plant substrate
kessil led
ei fert
eheim 2273
eheim 2275
eheim surface skimmer
lilp pipe
ph probe
jebao dosing pump
3x dosing 1.5l container

special deliver oh happy days;)
20160609_142642.jpg

20160623_185306.jpg

Last edited:
I mange to get the cabinet sorted. really took for ever and instructions is just as bad as ikea :lol:
first I sorted out my room and clear the floor to make way for the stand. the stand has been left down stair for a few months now but im very happy how it looks. I got the cabinet from amazon and the RRP price is going for £253.44 but I got it for £65 haha no ideal what happen that day but price was reduces for a couple of days and slowly it when back to full price. I was just lucky
IMG_3391.jpg

IMG_3394.jpg

IMG_3395.jpg

unpack the stand ready to put it together
IMG_3398.jpg

IMG_3402.jpg

IMG_3407.jpg

IMG_3405.jpg

IMG_3409.jpg

IMG_3414.jpg

cut hole on each side for filter tubs
IMG_3416.jpg

and finally I need to something about those screw hole I did when I had my 90cm light.
IMG_3428.jpg

Whole wall? or just fill & touch up those holes?

Good ventilation, open windows, (good quality) activated carbon in filter & they should be fine - just remember to continue this for a few days until paint has hardened (vs just dry to the touch)

Also look at various paint brands, some are much less "fumey" than others

Forgot the most important bit ...

this is going to be AWESOME :wideyed: . :wideyed: . :wideyed:
yeah the whole wall need a coat of paint im abit worried about the shrimp. my friend said to cover the tank with cling film so i might just do that and left windows open.

about the tank im hoping it will be awesome. i been planing the big tank for nearly a year now just not got time to set it up. i can only do things after work and weekends is family time. got to keep wife happy :lol:

cover the tank with cling film
this helps too (& a definite when painting larger areas) but I'd still add some carbon to the filter, just realize that gas exchange can be affected so you might leave CO2 off or at least reduced levels for the day

this helps too (& a definite when painting larger areas) but I'd still add some carbon to the filter, just realize that gas exchange can be affected so you might leave CO2 off or at least reduced levels for the day
i forgot to say im only painting that one side of the wall with 1 coat of white. should be fine right

Back