• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ryan's ADA 60p (featured in PFK magazine) ukaps aquascaping experience

That’s a shame.

I know it ramps up and down. Can you control the general intensity also?

S.
hello mate

at first i thought there be some sort of switch or something and i actually message my friends asking how long it take to ramp up high. he said give it a minute but the ramp up only last 10 secs

what the point of that hahhaa that so silly doesn't give time for the fish to wake up if sunset goes full blast for 10 secs

In your video, the aquasky rgb looks just great to me. But the difference with the moon is very obvious, seems an very high power light.

In your video, the aquasky rgb looks just great to me. But the difference with the moon is very obvious, seems an very high power light.
what am saying is i don't want to have the light suspended or else i would of just put on the solor rgb on. i wish i can but it look to silly to have it hang up. i wanted to keep the set up 100% ada. for now the aquasky moon is still good

the video was recorded on my phone and i turn up the brightness for recording.
if you set your chihiros on setting 2 or 3 that how dim it is to me.

like i said if it was in your house it would look good but in my work place there are bright light everywhere.

cheers

I’ve had tried to dim my vivid 2 at 40W and I’ve to say I feel your pain, over my 60p it looks very weak too.o_O

I’m actually running it at 70W, that’s 55% of it’s full power only :D

I’ve had tried to dim my vivid 2 at 40W and I’ve to say I feel your pain, over my 60p it looks very weak too.o_O

I’m actually running it at 70W, that’s 55% of it’s full power only :D
thank. it hard to say how dim it is. that was the only to show you. not sure what i do now. keep it or send it back

what also put me off is my plants pearl within 30mins when light come on and 5 hours later with the new light i see zero pearling haha. i know the plants have to adapt to the new light still

I’m sure the rgb will grow plants too, just slower than your aquasky moon. I think Ada is trying to make aquascaping easier for beginner with this light unit and the Amazonia light for example. ;)

hi all

hope you guys all doing well and keeping safe.

as you all know we are on lock down and i been stuck at home away from the tank. will go and check it next week. got my auto dosing on and fish are ok with out food for a week.
i manage to return the aquasky for a refund and i was thinking i didn't want to use my solor rgb because i didn't want to hang it up at the shop due to it looking out of place.

then i remember i got a ada light arm so i put it on to see how it look like. so far it not so bad but still a bit out of place. im sure it just me and no others will notice.
i do miss this light it was pack away for a year. when i turn it on it was just like the first time i saw it. still the best light to be honest.

130w of light yeah baby. not like his little bro aquasky rgb 40w lol

20200323-113816.jpg

20200318-132608.jpg

20200318-165813.jpg

20200318-132626.jpg

i had to order the shades for the solor rgb it was blinding me when im working. made it look ugly to be honest but it s a must for me. pricey for a thin piece of steel with no logo
20200320-215657.jpg

20200318-162908.jpg

crystal shrimp are super colourful
20200319-123507.jpg

20200318-170419.jpg

20200318-170531.jpg

20200318-170455.jpg

suppose to be ratala orange juices but it look super red
20200320-122036.jpg

Last edited:
Back