• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

São paulo!

LiamJ

Seedling
5B31DEC3-4234-426F-9087-40C60C0E0769.png

Can’t wait for this to take off - anyone else keep São Paulo

Looks good. I'm thinking of a suitable red plant replacement for my AR Minis which my Amanos are still eating (or I suspect thats one or maybe two Amanos that are doing the eating) :p

One thing that attracts me to this plant is that it is described as having very upright growth (like the AR Minis), so they won't bend and shade other plants....

They do grow fairly tall though from what I’ve read so if your alternanthera reineckii mini is in the foreground like mine is it may block your view of the plants behind and it shouldn't shade other plants but the leaves are very big

sao paolo.jpg

I picked up a pot from my LFS. The price was reasonable so I'm going to give growing this a shot. I presume these are emersed leaves so I hope they survive the conversion to submersed. Any advice on water /light parameters most welcome!

DSC00485 Saol Paolo 27 jul 21.JPG

Here's a pic of some of them in my tank. New leaves start off pinkish but eventually end up as large green leaves. There are also a lot of aerial roots forming near the substrate level.

As far as I can tell the plant is healthy and those at the back have plenty of algae free green leaves. (most of them are planted behind as a replacement for the AR Minis). I suppose the question on my mind is how to get them more 'pink', I've tried to google and nothing found on the internet so far.

View attachment 172352

Here's a pic of some of them in my tank. New leaves start off pinkish but eventually end up as large green leaves. There are also a lot of aerial roots forming near the substrate level.

As far as I can tell the plant is healthy and those at the back have plenty of algae free green leaves. (most of them are planted behind as a replacement for the AR Minis). I suppose the question on my mind is how to get them more 'pink', I've tried to google and nothing found on the internet so far.
Very pink tbh mate low nitrates really make the colours pop, I’ll attach a picture abit of green spot algae but I’m spot dosing it with seachem excel at the moment

Attachments

• CFBB8922-7455-44D9-A415-9BF67DBDCC65.jpeg
    CFBB8922-7455-44D9-A415-9BF67DBDCC65.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 54
Very pink tbh mate low nitrates really make the colours pop, I’ll attach a picture abit of green spot algae but I’m spot dosing it with seachem excel at the moment
thanks for the tip on nitrates. look forward to your Journal update and full tank shot!

Back