• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

S repens brown dead leaves, random spots, couple at a time

please help

so my first plant in a 15g tank was s repens

ph 7.5
hardness 10
kh 4
nitrates around 40ppm still cycling
light is a nicrew 24/7 planted aka (RGB Plus 24/7 V2 ) - was running at 100% and i recently bumped it down to 70% but have yet to see improvement, i also bumped it down because limnophila was browning at the tops when getting higher (not decaying though)
i dose 2ml excel daily and use TNC complete once a week recommended dose.
Fluval stratum soil with inert gravel ontop

had this tank like 3 + weeks now and from about week 2 after adding more plants (atleast 50 stems) ive started to get random brown patches on s repens, they are growing quickly and definitely well rooted but new leaves and older leaves get this and the leaf dies very quickly (12 hrs)

ive come to the conclusion its either low co2 because now other plants are needing some co2 too and ive tried to control this by turned the intensity of the light down, i may try 70% at 6 hours because at the moment i do 8 hours.

or im lacking a trace chem, but i doubt it as other plants seem fine and i use equilibrium in demin water.

simple filter, but most plants move and i can see a circular flow pattern, if anything other plants would have dead spots and theyre fine.

the stems are green and healthy although affected ones seem to get brown speckles on them? i cant wipe the brown of the leaf as the leaf just crumbles.

it started on one, then one next to it, then started on one at the complete opposite end of the tank, the middle ones are unaffected as of now.

any suggestion or help please, im not getting co2 btw lol.

the overhead picture best shows the browning, its been worse but i trim it off and after a week ive now become frustrated

Attachments

• aftermath.JPG
    aftermath.JPG
    473.9 KB · Views: 336
  • overhead brown.JPG
    overhead brown.JPG
    485.9 KB · Views: 275
  • tank.JPG
    tank.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 287
Last edited:
ive decided to up my TNC complete dose to 3x 5ml weekly (roughly 50-55l of water in the tank), so this is a triple weekly recommended dose.

i suspect it may be a phosphate deficiency, ive also started to roughly x2.5 dose my excel, im going to see where this brings me in a week

hi, ive realised its not a phosphate issue, i bases that off a picture but i relooked at it said potassium deficiency and its definately not that as my amazon sword should also be showing it.

ive read this recent guys journey and it appears stress from recent environmental changes is a key.

basically if it was a deficiency other plants would show it rather than one or two at a time, tbh though it acts very much like a short contact disease but i cant find anything about that.

here is the lik https://barrreport.com/threads/weird-staurogyne-repens-melt-need-help.10794/

Back