• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

S2-Pro adapter for Twinstar 900SA

Radiant

Hi,

I have a twinstar 900SA and a s2-pro dimmer. The recommended 5.5mm × 2.1mm female to 2.5mm male adapter finally arived in the post today, but it doesnt fit correctly :(

Part of the s2 barrell is exposed when plugged into the adapter:
IMG_2702-a.jpeg

The adapter is also slightly loose in the twinstar to the point that i'm worried it will just fall out. The twinstar plug and the adapter plug look to be different sizes:
IMG_2704-a.jpeg

I got the adapter size from various UKAPS posts and I couple of sites selling compatable dimmers all of which confirmed that the Twinstar S series have 5.5x2.5 fitting and the s2-pro has the 2.1.
Can someone confirm that what I purchased was the correct one? www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005KCGM96

Thanks.

Anyone know which the correct adapter is? Currently wrapped it in electrical tape.

Yeah, that's pretty much what mine does too. In fact I didn't notice until you bought it up. I don't think it's dangerous, it's on a reduced low voltage transformer so there is reduced risk of electric shock.

Back