• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

S2 Pro Dimmer

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team
I find that the one I use, the lights flash when dimmer is on 1% or even when it's off at times! Which is weird, wonder if anyone experiences similar behaviour? I am using it with a Twinstar 900E!

Seems to be random also, looks like lightning!

Thanks

I have the same problem with mine (I'm running mine on a chihiros rgb, not sure of the exact model) both were purchased on eBay. I've read (don't remember where/if it's true) that some units are sold as pro but are actually the older model, which would explain the 'step' between set increments if you are ramping up and down. To get around the flashing when off issue, I plug it into a manual timer. I have it set so that the manual timer comes on just after the S2 is due to come on. I need to test if it will ramp up and down using this aproach but it remembers the time so I can't see why it wouldn't work.

Last edited:
Hi, bought mine on Ebay, came without an adaptor and I use it on Twinstar 600EA. No problems when working at 1%.

I need to buy one for a 900SA thats due to arrive soon. Is there a specific model on that box or design difference or something that I need to look out for to make sure its a newer one that does the smooth ramp up? No idea if i need an adapter yet.

Mine flashes on the lower levels as well. Jurjis did a video on this dimmer on his channel and in the description he mentions that he had the same issue with going so low on the dimmer. I’ve only noticed the random blinking when you don’t have it set to “0 and 0” to start and end the ramp cycle.

@Mr.Shenanagins how do turn your light on and off without setting "0 and 0" as the start and end of the cycle?

@Radiant The S2 pro model is supposed to have the smooth transition between time increments. It may be luck of the draw, I don't know. Probably best to buy from a seller that has decent customer service and will work with you, if you run into problems with it.

@Mr.Shenanagins how do turn your light on and off without setting "0 and 0" as the start and end of the cycle?

@Radiant The S2 pro model is supposed to have the smooth transition between time increments. It may be luck of the draw, I don't know. Probably best to buy from a seller that has decent customer service and will work with you, if you run into problems with it.
You may have been confused by my post. What I meant was, I only noticed the blinking during “off” hours if I did not have the beginning and end of the “off” period set at “0.” Otherwise the device wants to ramp up during that time. For instance, say you want to start the light at 1% at 9AM, and the night before you had it turn off at 10PM to 0%. Well now from 10PM to 9AM, it’s going to attempt to ramp from 0-1%. That’s the only time I had random blinking.

Could be, actually in most cases it's a driver issue or faulty LED chip... I experienced a few times with LED modules and in my case, i can easily replace the LED unit and it always solved the problem. Till now it was never the dimmer causing it...

Does the controller have a reset button? If it's a controller fault than a reset should solve it. If no reset button then does a hard reset unplug it from the mains for a minute help?

Back