• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

SAE eggs, maybe......

Kelvin12

Hi All,
Does anyone have any photos of SAE eggs. I have these bright shinny pearl like tiny 'eggs' in a few places around the tank maybe 1mm or less. I have 3 SAE's in this tank that usually scoot away and hide whenever I approach but for some reason one is hanging around and appears to be guarding several locations even with me close up which is unusual. However I think it might be in vain as the cherry shrimp might be seeking revenge as the SAE's despite them being vegiterian they seen to snack on a few shrimp from time to time. More curiosity than anything.
Dirk

That's very cool. I don't think many people have spawned them but from what I read years ago they do seem to guard their eggs. I don't see much other reason that they would protect the eggs unless perhaps you have corydoras and they want to protect their lunch.

No only threat is neon tetras and shrimp. It looks like the shrimp are cleaning them up there are very few this morning. Not concerned as I have been trying to catch these exorcet missiles for a while now but they are to quick and will probably die of old age before I get them.
Dirk

Back