• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

safe cigarette filter

h1234

hello, can anyone suggest some safe cigarette filter brands i can use to superglue. I had a look at swan filters but they have so many different types. are they all safe expect anything that says "menthol"

is it safe yes?

As non of the professional aquascapers I have seen have given a brand name and they are scattered around the world, I would assume that yes, cigarette filters are safe to use but use at you own risk.

thanks for the kind offer but i have already bought some swan filter tips , they are not wrapped in any paper which is good. saves me having to unwrap them.

I use Swan filter tips also, the slim ones. Problem is they don't react with super glue the way that actual cigarrette filters do, and consequently don't work so well.
However, I've done a bit of experimenting and UHU liquid super glue works well with Swan filters.

Be careful tho' it's nasty stuff I accidentally spilt some on my jeans... an exothermic reaction occurred and if I hadn't pealed my jeans away I'd have been burned.
The reaction is a bit delayed tho'. Don't get caught out by looking closely to see if it's smoking you'll gas yourself 🤪

And yes it's safe, once the glue has gone off the result is as hard as concrete and pretty much inert.

Forgot to mention I used a bit of sand paper to rough up the surface of the filter slightly, like those mentioned above by Marcel I think they're paper wrapped, it seemed to work better.

Back