• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sagittaria platyphylla

James_Kye

dose anyone here have this plant ? or had experience with it. as its one i fancy maybe adding to my system.
pics , tips , experience etc would be great thanks. :)

should have said i already read the tropica care info as AE and TGM both display what tropica advise.
may give it a pass as i dont want to many taller plant species in the tank lol.

I found it stayed quite short, but perhaps more suitable for the midground in smaller/shallower aquaria. This was my 125 litre.

It does carpet really well and requires frequent maintenance with good light, CO2 and other nutrients.

this is a plant i want to try too. i love how amano uses it in some of his early works. smack bang in the foreground! and let grow tall'ish :lol:

hey George book 3 is awesome, thanks for the loan of it ;)

hmmm not sure if i want to try this any longer or not pmsl.
if i do try it i may try it in a corner front / side next to the mangrove i think.
unless lighting is an issue with the depth of my tank lol.

we shall see if i go for it or not lol.

p.s George what is that plant you have as foreground cover ?

James_Kye said:
p.s George what is that plant you have as foreground cover ?

That's Glossostigma elatinoides or glosso for short (its quite a mouthful!) :lol: Its a demanding plant, well to get it to carpet anyway, needs plenty of light, co2 and nutrients. In low light tanks it tends to grow upwards.

More info here

http://www.tropica.com/productcard_1.asp?id=045A

Sam

ah no good in my tank then if it needs more light to carpet, as with the tannin in my tank lighting is reduced the further down of course :(.
i have been trying to remove the tannin to see if i can increase the lighting towards the bottom but nothing is working, i have used filter floss , and done 50 % water change every week and still tannin is produced. so i am assuming its coming from the large mangrove root ? cant think of anywhere else its coming from.

Back