• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

saintly confused again

Mark Evans

Expert
heres an image of rotal rotundifolai on the right. i added the plant on the left not so long ago. i bought it from p@h ages ago without a ticket so i've never know what it is. i thought it was r rotundifolia (emerged form) but it dont seem to be changing. anyone have any ideas?

e6227fa1.jpg

mark

JAmesM said:
saintly said:
aaronnorth said:
Looks like Bacopa Monnerii,

yeah i guess it does. i like it. would like to do a scape with a wall of the stuff.i bet it bushes lovely.

thanks
I've never had any joy with it. It grows great, I cut it, it then stops growing :lol:

Yes, it does bush nicely when pruned. But takes forever to do so, because it sends out side shoots from every leaf node below the cut. The trick is to cut as low as possible to reduce hte amount of side shoots or once you have enough just replant the tops.
This is one of the slowest growing stems i have had, even under under high light (5wpg), ei and loads of co2 it still takes about 8 weeks before i need to trim again.
Has really nice small white flowers if you let grow out of the top of a open topped tank.

Must've been doing something wrong there Milla. lol

this plant and it's Dad Caroliniania can grow out of the tank under reasonably low light pretty quickly. I chucked loads of it last year from my low light tank because it was getting too tall too early.

AC

SuperColey1 said:
Must've been doing something wrong there Milla. lol

this plant and it's Dad Caroliniania can grow out of the tank under reasonably low light pretty quickly. I chucked loads of it last year from my low light tank because it was getting too tall too early.

AC

Maybe the high light thats keeping it more compact and bushy. Might have to try some in a low light tank to see if theirs a diffeerance. Not complaining though as the less time i spend trimming the better. :D

its turning out tio be rotala rotudifolia. i think because i had it in low light before putting it in the big tank, its just transforming into its immersed form, but it really is rotal rotundifolia.

Back