• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Saintly's 120cm' Fraggle rock' THE BIG STRIP

Re: Saintly's 120cm' Fraggle rock'

another short vid showing the rummy nose up to old tricks of the ....up and down up and down. they do this all day long.

I've also taped out the whole perspex panel to block even more light...to be on the safe side. looks real moody now.

saintly said:
another short vid showing the rummy nose up to old tricks of the ....up and down up and down. they do this all day long.

http://www.vimeo.com/13310429

I've also taped out the whole perspex panel to block even more light...to be on the safe side. looks real moody now.

wow, amazing clip Mark :thumbup: i can watch this for hours ;)
is this still with Edius5?

this tank is really simple. but simply beautiful :D

Jesus Mark,i am stunned, you have gone well out of your comfort zone with this one,qudos to you mate,well i think its a lovely replica of a natural river bed,the lack of plants and the placement of what plants you have used work tremendously well,the stones/rock have been placed like they have been moved there through flooding,i love it,makes a refreshing change ,
regards,
john.

viktorlantos said:
i can watch this for hours ;)
is this still with Edius5?

cheers viktor. :D Yes, this is edited with edius 5. Very basic though. i'm using maybe 000.5% of the programs capabilities.

colour correction, curves and white balance thats about it. just like my images.

russchilds said:
Great video! It looks really good!! :D
Great video! It looks really good!! :D
thanks russ :thumbup:

john starkey said:
Jesus Mark,i am stunned, you have gone well out of your comfort zone with this one,qudos to you mate,well i think its a lovely replica of a natural river bed,

thanks john, being free from the riggers of maintanence is lovely. ridiculously low light and no co2 or ferts has made my life simple for the time being.

The eleocharis sp. is doing good, but the real stars at the moment are the Nymphaea lotus (zenkeri) plants

Re: Saintly's 120cm' Fraggle rock' @ 2 weeks

2 weeks on and things are slow. but pleasant to deal with. The grass is spreading, lilly produces new leaves, crypts melt a little but new growth arrives, vallis slowly making the transition new water parameters.

lighting is real low, but everything grows :p i'm loving this low tech malarkey!

not mush in the way of change with the images. just a bit of practise looking for angles etc.The lighting is different too.

2-5.jpg

1-6.jpg

4-3.jpg

a couple of vids...

moods of a tank...

cheers folks. hopefully, next update shall see a slighty bigger rate of growth :hilarious:

Really, really nice, Mark.

The white clouds mountain minnows (WCMM) suit it perfectly and I would actually consider re-homing the Rummynoses.

They come from completely different habitats and conditions (Rummynose very soft, acidic and warm water, WCMM cooler harder water). The aquascape looks more like a WCMM than a Rummynose habitat also.

You could then run the tank without a heater saving on energy and slowing growth further, in-keeping with the low-tech methodology.

Other ideal tank mates could include glowlight danios and/or zebra danios. Loads of movement and complimentary colours and forms.

Keep up the great work!

cheers George. thanks for tips. I'll take the rummys out shortly and remove the heater. I'm all for lack of gear....or at least I'm coming around to that way of thinking.

on a side note, Even though the grass isn't visible, i wanted to play on the side glass reflections, for later images. Amano does it so many times. There's also a possible good shot from the side of the tank.

I agree with George that the WCMM suit the overall scape better thant he Rummy's

Gill said:
I agree with George that the WCMM suit the overall scape better thant he Rummy's

yes gill, I agree :thumbup: thanks for the opinion.

I've just been sat watching these WCMM, their great little things. The males and females 'showing out' top each other. getting frisky i reckon. :p

chump54 said:
great tank Mark... it has a great feel to it. very inspiring (as usual :) )

cheers Chris. glad you like it. it's painfully slow to watch grow in, but I'm sure, once grown in, the final images should do the tank justice. :D

Itchy fish fingers strikes again! I just cant help myself, but when i saw these opaline gouramis, i could not resist. Theyve gone down a storm with the wife to. :angelic:

Plant wise, things are slow as to be expected. The lilly does good, and from the bulb, i've about 7 new leaves, all tiny and all bright red. I think this tank could be my most colourful to date.

red lilleys, brown crypts, green gass, reddy wcmm, blue gouramis etc etc...

anyway, these were taken with available light. iso800, f2...you get the picture.There not even in focus :lol: Later, i'll get some 'proper' shots with flash.

you can see the lilly peering over the top to.

opaline-gouramis.jpg

gourami-2.jpg

I've dragged the tank 2 foot away from the wall this morning to get some shots. I was thankful to see the vallis rooting itself nicely at the back. :D

Re: Saintly's 120cm' Fraggle rock' @ 3 weeks

excellent tank mark,photos top notch as always,loving the new fish mate :thumbup: ,
regards,
john.

Re: Saintly's 120cm' Fraggle rock' @ 3 weeks

john starkey said:
excellent tank mark,photos top notch as always,loving the new fish mate :thumbup: ,
regards,
john.

cheers john. :D

I'm happy to leave this for nearly 2 weeks whilst I'm away.

Back