• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Saintly's 120cm 'hill's of desire'

:D see it as your relationship, good days and bad days.

Personally I would leave it as it is, it's not at your home so it can't get the attention it needs sometimes.

and besides of that, a lot of ukaps members are probably dying to get a tank like this ;)

for anyone that maybe interested, this tank is just about over. I've told the temporary owner I'm taking it back for a project of my own. it's been almost a year since this has been set up at my own house.

I now feel I'm ready for something challenging ;)

saintly said:
tank7weeksithink.jpg

That's a shame to hear that you are tearing it down--this was a fun project to watch--but I'm certain you'll put together an exceptional new layout in that nice big tank.

saintly said:
for anyone that maybe interested, this tank is just about over. I've told the temporary owner I'm taking it back for a project of my own. it's been almost a year since this has been set up at my own house.

I now feel I'm ready for something challenging ;)

Yeah its about time you pushed yourself Mark! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (Andy bows is head in shame! ;))

This would look great if you carried it on for a little longer, but to be honest I'm getting a bit bored of your layouts like this - it's got to be the third one(?) and it just looks too similar every time now. I want to see you use some wood. :)

rawr said:
This would look great if you carried it on for a little longer, but to be honest I'm getting a bit bored of your layouts like this - it's got to be the third one(?) and it just looks too similar every time now. I want to see you use some wood. :)

Don't hold back Tom, say how you really feel :lol: :lol:

I think the style is great but i I agree that a wood scape is needed.... 8)

Jase said:
rawr said:

Don't hold back Tom, say how you really feel :lol: :lol:

I think the style is great but i I agree that a wood scape is needed.... 8)

:lol: Sorry, on reading back what I said does sound harsh but isn't meant in that way and I hope Mark knows that. :)

Something to bare in mind with this (and the previous Iwagumi @ MA) is the fact that in both cases the hardscape, and to some degree, the planting was requested by the tank holders.

Turtle tank next, with plastic plants and fake wood. Never before done in an OptiWhite, so watch out for it :thumbup: :lol:

This is the last image you'll see of this. it's sadly, over grown, uncared for and down right messy.

the acicularis has spread everywhere, riccia uncontrollable (loads floating) , HM taking over etc etc.No W/C the list goes on.

if at home, I'd of cared for this like a child, but sadly I let it go.

sorry for the bore Thomas :lol:

(slaps head and says.... "must try harder"

BTW, plants are taken 8)

lastpic.jpg

JamesM said:
Paulo bud...

JamesM said:
Turtle tank next, with plastic plants and fake wood. Never before done in an OptiWhite, so watch out for it :thumbup: :lol:

:thumbup:

I thought you were joking! :lol: :lol: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LondonDragon said:
Any future plans for this tank Mark?

yes mate.It's coming home in about 1 weeks time.The front room is decorated, the walls are white. I'll be installing back lighting for evening viewing (i've trialled this and looks mega)

It's been a long time since i've had this tank at home, so I'm all geared up for a scape I can nurture.

I'll be scaping using wood 8) this I do know. :thumbup:

So, there'll be a journal shortly I think.

:lol: I'm really sorry if I offended you but honestly didn't mean it like that, I've always liked the variety of your aquascapes and just think the last few have been less diverse but totally accept that this woulld have been down to the client and after all it's your call. :) That's not to say they haven't been any less stunning.

I'm looking forward to the next one, I'm a wood lover at heart and saintly gets the wood scapes spot on every time.

I'll be installing back lighting for evening viewing (i've trialled this and looks mega)
Saintly,

Could you please elaborate? Do you mean lighting to shine on the wall behind the tank, instead of a background? If so, what's the plan? I have a new tank coming soon, believe I have seen photos of setups with back lighting and would love to plagiarise some ideas...!

Thanks,

David

Back