• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Saintly's 120cm 'hill's of desire'

Re: Saintly's 120cm private scape

well, i've taken a bit of advice from you guys and decided to add more stone. i've gone against the grain a little with the stone placement. no real main stone, but actually I'm liking it. it didn't want iwagumi, but we've got it now. :lol:

please excuse the the rubbish blackout job. PS brush painted black for speed. tomorrow I'll take the lights and do it properly.

120LAYOUT-1.jpg

theres 2 adjustments i can see, so it will vary next shot.

cheers vito. :thumbup:

well, now the hardscape looks this way, i reckon a shoal of tetras. i like the platinum type. a huge shoal should look good.

plant wise?....mmmm, acicularis,tenellus. moss and plenty of it.... my thinking capp needs to go back on.

the plant list as follows.

ANUBIAS NANA BONZAI 8 pots for around stones. (a gamble in a iwagumi)

ELEOCHARIS VIVIPARA/ acicularis 6 pots to fill in certain areas

MICRANTHEMUM MICRANTHEMOIDES 18 pots, to fill in the back 'u' shaped

VESICULARIA DUBYANA , 50 portions attached to stones. should give about 100 stones. to fill in around stones and forground. the biggest part of this scape.

ROTALA ROTUNDIFOLIA 18 pots to go behind MM in corner/s

ROTALA WALLICHII 6 pots. to go behind MM other side maybe.

BOLBITUS HEUDELOTII 6 pots (another gamble)

RICCIA , 20 portions spread amongst moss

not a conventional gumi.

Interesting plant list mark

i thought this was going to be mainly crypts. i am quite looking foward to this.

the walachii is a good choice as my nanjeshan is a beauty and is pretty similar. i will use it in many more scapes for sure

Hi Saintly,

-The rocks are beautiful.Layout is also beautiful.If the left side was a little bit higher, it may look better IMO.
-When you have such nice looking rocks,focus should be on them and too much plant prevents this.It think the number of plants used better not to be more than 2 or 3.Stem type plants,especially when they grow,will cause visual confusion.
-Simplicity goes better with these types of deisgns.

Regards

ilaymir

Hi Saintly :D
its a great start , the hardscape looks even better this way ;) with the plantation you planned i think thst it is going to be a great tank :D
by the way good luck doing the 100 moss stones :lol: ;)

ilaymir said:
The rocks are beautiful.Layout is also beautiful.If the left side was a little bit higher, it may look better IMO.

thanks. i agree about the height. 1 more bag of NS added. :D

nico said:
its a great start , the hardscape looks even better this way ;) with the plantation you planned i think thst it is going to be a great tank :D

cheers nico.

nico said:
by the way good luck doing the 100 moss stones

time is needed rather than luck :lol: the preparation always takes all the time.

I need to get this right, as i've got several possible client queuing. also one or 2 other things in the pipeline too ;)

Fascinating plant list, Mark!

I'm looking forward to seeing how this shapes up. Maybe get some uber-macros of some of the plants... That would be cool. :D

All the best with your possible clients and other projects too!

Hey Mark,

This journal is killing me... not a typical Saintly Journal.. toooooo little photo. Back track..Oct19 your last photo post. I love to watch some photo please... :)

ashpitt said:
This journal is killing me... not a typical Saintly Journal.. toooooo little photo

:arghh: sorry ashpit. i don't want to be guilty of boring people.

i will shoot all the planting though. A million and 1 moss stones should be deep joy to look at :lol:

if i can get it looking close to this i'll be happy. recently all i produce is hardscape and no tank. soon to change.

miraclemire.jpg

thanks for the interest.

George Farmer said:
Fascinating plant list, Mark!

theres a curve ball in there for sure.

stuworrall said:
what you using for the moss balls? pebbles wrapped in moss and cotton?

slates mate. and preston 0.15 power line line. i've tried pebbles and because of the round nature, knots can be a PITA. it's the angler in me.

not using slates for the riccia though...they end up floating.

Back