• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Saintly's 120cm 'hill's of desire'

Re: Saintly's 120cm private scape

image courtesy of jamesm.....

just waiting for these to come through the post

a taster....

2009_11050002.jpg

2009_11050013.jpg

Love the hard scape, i respect you and all the thought and patience that you put into your scapes. I am really looking forward to this being planted. :D

andyh said:
Love the hard scape, i respect you and all the thought and patience that you put into your scapes. I am really looking forward to this being planted. :D

thanks andy.

with this scape, the plan is similar to my MA lfs scape from last year. because it's in someone else's house I want visual impact for newcomers who may see it.

i've done a rough edit using my lfs image just to show how stems may sit within this tank.

moss will be in the mid and foreground so there's a stark dividing line at the mo.also the moss will soften any larger stone in the front.

this also shows the slightly rearranged rocks from the original stone layout.

120copy.jpg

time will tell if i can pull it off or not.

Nice journal mister :D

The only small comment I have got is the fact that you are not using an a catcher on 1/3 of your tank, something like one stern of vallis, an Apponogeton or something simular. This will bring more depth in this scape

Maurits said:
Nice journal mister :D

The only small comment I have got is the fact that you are not using an a catcher on 1/3 of your tank, something like one stern of vallis, an Apponogeton or something simular. This will bring more depth in this scape

thanks maurits :D

the rotala walichii will bring a focal point to this scape. similar to one amano scape. also, the stems will be planted in such a way to give lines later in the scapes life :D

i did consider c helferi, but rotala take it's place.

JamesM said:
That's uber cool bud 8)

cheers bud.

That's a cool photo-edit Mark, and I think it will be a compelling scape. That is great contrast there between the barren foreground and vibrant background foliage. Do you think that you will leave the foreground unplanted?

hmm those plants looks really good Mark :D
can't wait to see them planted in.

the visual concept you did looks really nice man. especially from someone who is not a graphic designer :)
i think this is the best aquascape visual concept that i have seen from quality perspective.

love the way you pre-plan this scape and with those plants the scape will be amazing i am sure.
your friends will be very proud of it :)

and we all will enjoy how this will form it's final shape. :thumbup:

AdAndrews said:
What is the substrates you have used with this Mark?

Nature soil Ad.

viktorlantos said:
he visual concept you did looks really nice man. especially from someone who is not a graphic designer :)
i think this is the best aquascape visual concept that i have seen from quality perspective.

thanks Viktor, pure luck really. I think the stone layout from the previous scape fitted this one. i'm amazed it worked so well really. 8)

hydrophyte said:
That's a cool photo-edit Mark

Thanks devin.

hydrophyte said:
Do you think that you will leave the foreground unplanted?

kind of, but moss will be placed amongst rocks and left to bush out. E Acicularis will be left to spread a little to give a more natural feel.

initially, i wasn't to excited about this but as the time gets closer, i'm more and more up for it. as per usual, i wished i had the scape.

The ball is now rolling everybody.

i've acquired a huge amount of Java moss to add to what's already coming.

took a quick snap of it close up, whilst trying to tie 100 stones.

javamosscopy.jpg

saintly said:
took a quick snap of it close up, whilst trying to tie 100 stones.
Gotta do something to keep you from going crazy :p

I'm looking forward to seeing it planted. The hardscape is amazing.

Back