• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Saintly's 120cm 'hill's of desire'

Re: Saintly's 120cm private scape

That macro photography is the best (or at least the most magnified) I've ever seen! That's some lens. :clap:

I really like the rock arrangement. I've just read through your other Iwagumi that you set up in the shop. It was featured in PFK too I think? If you do as well as you did there but with your new planting then this could be your best aquascape yet I think. :thumbup:

May I ask why you have named this 'private scape'? Surely it's public if it's on here!! :lol:

I can't wait to see this planted! Inspirational! :D

it does reside in private residence. that is surely less public than a shop :D

i do love the photography, its incredible.

:D Mark don't forget your photo equipment next week, I will clean all tanks, ghe ghe ghe

saintly said:
120copy.jpg

time will tell if i can pull it off or not.

It will NOT take much light for this, about 2/3rds the way back, a single T5 maybe 2 if you are feeling like more work ought to do the trick.

Some nice current, spray bar and good CO2, should be easy to get there with the plant choices and layout.
Over 1/2 the tank is not planted.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Nice work on those macros Mark. That was a smart idea to think of that--a whole new way to appreciate aquarium plants.

mark (or anyone else), can you tell me what the plant is that is in front of the stems on the left side and right at the back in the gap?

Nick16 said:
can you tell me what the plant is that is in front of the stems on the left side and right at the back in the gap?

in the gap is tenellus and acicularis mixed with riccia, although you cant tell. on the left it would of been blyxa.

really, to everyone, i appreciate your comments :thumbup:

i'm off to plant now. the cars loaded up and away we go.

last image of rotala emerged state.

rotala.jpg

BACK LATER :angelic:

Mark

I must of said this so many times, but excellent pictures! :text-coolphotos:

Really looking forward to seeing this planted.

Regards

Andyh :thumbup:

I'm not a tease :lol: i just hate newly planted tanks. they look dull and lifeless.

reluctantly....

IMG_2980-01.jpg

directly after filling. i think i've got another job from it. 8)

BTW, love your high tech background 8)

Is the rotala going from emerged straight to submerged? How do you think it will fair?

samc said:
if it changes as rapidly as autumn blush we wont be starved of pics for long :lol:

you bet :D

aquaticmaniac said:
love your high tech background 8)

unprepared. no tape!

aquaticmaniac said:
Is the rotala going from emerged straight to submerged? How do you think it will fair?

you'll see a change within a day or 2. let it grow up, new shoots always develop lower down. once at the top hack it right down.

This has so many stages to go through before it's even close to looking like a tank. hence the reluctance to show hour one.

BTW leah, i've got tons of moss for you. ;)

Back