• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Saintly's 120cm 'hill's of desire'

Re: Saintly's 120cm private scape

TopFTS.jpg

I can't believe how may plants there are in there, fair play mate, that must have taken some doing, it's gonna look awesome :thumbup:

chilled84 said:
Rotala rotundifolia ey?? I realy do like that form you have of it. may consider trying to get my hands on some, is it a reasonable price? o_O

as leah kindly points out, it will change form.

thanks leah. moss boxed and coming your way tomoz.

AdAndrews said:
Even though immature it still looks sublime, Mark. :clap:

cheers Ad. :thumbup:

SteveUK said:
That's another classic Mark :) I really like the Anubias among the rocks. Spot on :thumbup:

thanks you steve.

jh81271 said:
lookin good.fantastic photography :thumbup:

cheers bud.

Maurits said:
It's time that I am gonna teach you some lessons about a proper aqua scape :D :D :D

:D sure thing my friend. see you shortly ;)

George Farmer said:
Mark - you've reached a groundbreaking level of macro plant photography for the hobby - kudos!

cheers george. i'm loving the photography at the mo. kinda reignited a few things in me.

Dan Crawford said:
I can't believe how may plants there are in there, fair play mate, that must have taken some doing,

if it's going to be done, do it properly is my motto :D the planting was easy. the moss stones took the time.

chilled84 said:
Forgive me if im mistaken, is that a real thin thin layer of sand youplaced at the front or is there no depth, if i right, whats the reson? out ofinterest not rudeness. im learning.

:D

hey, no probs. i don't like to see 2 inch of sand. it also can lead to unwanted algaes. so spread it thin at the front....hey presto, less problems.

thanks to everyone for the kind kind words :thumbup:

aquaticmaniac said:
Bokeh :wideyed: Stunning shots! Looks great.
Ditto!! Amazing shots Mark and the tank looks awesome :) looking forward to further updates and the tanks development :) congrats and keep it coming!

LondonDragon said:
Ditto!! Amazing shots Mark and the tank looks awesome :) looking forward to further updates and the tanks development :) congrats and keep it coming!

hey, cheers paulo. i need to learn the moss skills from the likes of yourself.

everything is doing great. the rotala in places is at the top, but were large to begin with.

aciularis is spreading.....

ACICULARIS.jpg

the r walichii is growing nicely too. i've never had this before, so I'm looking forward to seeing the outcome.

I hadn't seen that picture that Dan Crawford linked above. What amazing texture in this setup. It looks to me like a scene you would see at your feet in an alpine meadow.

Are those elegantly refined hot pink and orange clothes pins permanent fixtures for the setup, or a temporary fix?

hydrophyte said:
Are those elegantly refined hot pink and orange clothes pins permanent fixtures for the setup, or a temporary fix?

:lol: temp I'm afraid. i fought hard to keep them though.

cheers dude.

Looking great. And some excellent photography :thumbup:

Mark Webb said:
Looking great. And some excellent photography :thumbup:

cheers mark.

i've just come back from the W/C duties. Added the 2nd filter and second co2 diffuser. the slight surface scum has gone now and everything looks ace. :D

i'm a happy bunny.

saintly said:
hey, cheers paulo. i need to learn the moss skills from the likes of yourself..
Moss just grows mate, secret of nice mosses is to have lots of shrimp in the tank, you will never have a problem with them ;)

I remember thinking back now, when I removed my cherries from my main tank to place in the shrimp only tank, my moss wall and the rest of the tank just turned to crap.

LondonDragon said:
Moss just grows mate, secret of nice mosses is to have lots of shrimp in the tank, you will never have a problem with them ;)

thanks for the info paulo. :thumbup:

Jase said:
Similar style to the Maidenhead one you did a while back which you know was my favourite you've done... I'm looking forward to seeing the rotala tranformation ;)

cheers jase.

yes it's similar. my intention really.

I feel, for me to progress I must learn certain styles to a high standard rather than moving from one style to another.I'm not good enough to move on just yet, when compared to the Asian scene were streets behind. Iwagumi or just general stone layout's is something I want to become good at hence this layout. :D

Jase said:
I'm looking forward to seeing the rotala tranformation ;)

and the rotala wallichii :)

Jase said:
Any plans to enter the Pico competition?

i've got the glass,and been playing around with layouts, so who knows. 8)

Jase said:
saintly said:
and the rotala wallichii

I used that in my main tank, never did anything quickly so i tore it out, cut it right back and still nothing

i have had a similar experience with r.wallichii, i presumed mine didnt take off becuase of the lack of light :crazy:

planter said:
Mark, that rock layout is just superb.

cheers bud. hope things are good with you. not seen much of you recently.

Jase said:
I used that in my main tank, never did anything quickly so i tore it out, cut it right back and still nothing

AdAndrews said:
i have had a similar experience with r.wallichii, i presumed mine didnt take off becuase of the lack of light :crazy:

fingers crossed. it's doing good so far. even in the far left corner.

Back