• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Saintly's 120cm 'hill's of desire'

Re: Saintly's 120cm private scape

here's the grouping of wallichii...

rwallichii.jpg

Looking good mark.

Although I think you should five the separate plants a little bit space. My experience is that they will much better then.

how do you not gas the fish and inverts?

i take it you 'up' the lillies in the evening?

samc said:
your plants are allways pearling :p mine never do

shed loads of co2. i've got 2 x co2 systems running on this.

Maurits said:
Although I think you should five the separate plants a little bit space. My experience is that they will much better then.

thanks maurits :D i'll remember that.

Nick16 said:
how do you not gas the fish and inverts?

there is non as yet, so up the co2 until i feel satisfied the plants have settled, then gauge satisfactory levels for fish etc.

the only plant that concerns me in here is the HM/MM but it's fine now. it's as temperamental as HC until it settles.

i've not even set up a drop checker.

Maurits said:
Looking good mark.

Dense planting from the outset helps mature the substrate quicker, and builds a nice biomass which keeps algae at bay during the early stages. Also, it gives a nice thicket of each plant from the first trim, meaning no need to cut and replant, etc.

Looking good Bob, the moss is going to look awesome around the rocks :thumbup:

JamesM said:
. Also, it gives a nice thicket of each plant from the first trim, meaning no need to cut and replant, etc.

you got it dude.

so, the last image for some time. no point in posting images of rotala changing form.

the second filter stuffed with goodies has worked miracles with water clarity. and the addition of a second co2 system has allowed me to sit back and breath a sigh of relief. i can now not worry if enough co2 is getting in to the system.

here's the tank @ 5/6 days old.

6daysold.jpg

saintly said:
JamesM said:
. Also, it gives a nice thicket of each plant from the first trim, meaning no need to cut and replant, etc.

you got it dude.

so, the last image for some time. no point in posting images of rotala changing form.

the second filter stuffed with goodies has worked miracles with water clarity. and the addition of a second co2 system has allowed me to sit back and breath a sigh of relief. i can now not worry if enough co2 is getting in to the system.

here's the tank @ 5/6 days old.

6daysold.jpg
That is seriously nice my friend. :D

i really love this tank Mark. How the stones are in the front of the stems. their shapes, the colors, the materials in it.
looks really good. and after a few weeks when all plants will settle this will be a masterpiece.

i bet your friends are not watching TV anymore right? :lol:

This scape blows me away Mark.......you must be chuffed to bits :thumbup:

I bet your wishing it was in your house now!

Mark!

if carlsberg made scapes, mark could make better beer!

loving it mate.

my goodness, cheers guys :D

myboyshay said:
I bet your wishing it was in your house now!

TBH, i'm gutted! i try to find any excuse to up and look at it.

a few things to update. firstly, i've swapped the lights for the arcadia luminaire running 2 x t5's. this gives me my light back for the 60cm (scape coming soon)

i've added a few tetras, just for my family to look at. a few shrimp and ottos. more to be added shortly.

plant wise, everything is great. i've got new anubias leaves already, the quickest they've come.no signs of algae, but i dont think there'l be too much with the height of the light and the regualr W/C

here's my aunty rita looking into the set up...showing the new light too.

auntyrit.jpg

here's the fish bag with the old light suspended.

addingfish.jpg

and the fish swimming nicely.

fisharein.jpg

very nice indeed.. whats the plant in the background that looks a if it is growing roots on the stem, and is that normal?

AdAndrews said:
whats the plant in the background that looks a if it is growing roots on the stem, and is that normal?

it's rotala rotundifolia. it's scraggy at the moment, until it gets trimmed several times, then becomes bushy. the aerial roots are normal. i've found that they develop more roots like this when they grow 'outwards' rather than up. these stems are showing signs of creeping, which in my book is a great thing as a bush effect is easier to achieve.

here's the co2 getting blasted...the other diffuser is at the back.

co2.jpg

saintly said:
AdAndrews said:
whats the plant in the background that looks a if it is growing roots on the stem, and is that normal?

it's rotala rotundifolia. it's scraggy at the moment, until it gets trimmed several times, then becomes bushy. the aerial roots are normal. i've found that they develop more roots like this when they grow 'outwards' rather than up. these stems are showing signs of creeping, which in my book is a great thing as a bush effect is easier to achieve.

awesome, i thought it was rotundifolia, ive got some coming soon, hopefully, thanks for clearing that up mate

Adam.

Back