• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Saintly's 120cm 'hill's of desire'

Re: Saintly's 120cm private scape

do you have any pics of your co2 set up.
i think i might go down the route of having 2 diffusers. or maybe one external one and 1 internal.
but im not sure on things like Y connectors to split the co2.

also, do you have little control type taps, because normally all the co2 would go to one diffuser and not both.

cheers.

nick, it's 2 seperate sytems. 2 of everything.

1 in front of the outlet, front left corner, and 1 at the back right corner. when you look into the tank, the whole thing is misted with bubbles....not just one end.

is it possible to split 1 co2 line into two?
or would there not be enough coming from the two diffusers?

is there anyway of controlling how much co2 went to each diffuser? i know you can do this for air pumps but not sure with co2 systems that are pressurized.

Looking good there Mark. So when are you taking it back :lol:

I'd say they must be happy with that especially if they never had a tank before, you should be popular at christmas time anyway ;)

Nick16 said:
is it possible to split 1 co2 line into two?

i'm sure it's possible. though i would guess, the longer the second co2 tubing, the less pressure the second diffuser would receive. tis a guess too.

zig said:
So when are you taking it back :lol:

mate, you cant imagine how close.

i'm setting my 60cm tank up so i should be without for too long. a Manzi scape coming up i reckon.

cheers peter. :thumbup:

That's a very striking scape indeed Mark :thumbup: , excellent attention to detail.

Cheers,
James

Great photos Mark :thumbup:

i'm sure it's possible. though i would guess, the longer the second co2 tubing, the less pressure the second diffuser would receive. tis a guess too.

I think the pressure is the same but of course because the split you need to increase the dosage from the regulator.
however i never tried to use it. this is still on my plate too :)

you just need a good splitter and 2 speed controller to do that.
in case you would like to stop sometimes one of the tubes and run the other you need a stop valve too for both tubes.

To echo what Viktor has said above, you'd need to use a couple of needle valves, one for each of the splits. I split my CO2 on a tank once and without the needle valves I had to have the regulator opened up quite a bit. Even then I didn't get an even amount of CO2 out of the two diffusers. The one on the shortest branch of the split was working overtime, while the one further away wasn't working much :rolleyes:

Needless to say I didn't stick with that for long :)

James Marshall said:
That's a very striking scape indeed Mark :thumbup: , excellent attention to detail.

cheers dude. :thumbup:

TDI-line said:
Awesome Mark. :D

and so is your drive :p ...it's bigger than my house.

Steve and viktor....yeah, something along those lines. 8)

not much to report @ 2 weeks. growth is steady. I'm getting rid of the bits of HM that melted slightly but nothing major. the quickest grower in the tank surprisingly is, the anubias o_O doses of new leaves.

here's a shot with just tank lights. i didn't have the heart to set everything up.

2weeks.jpg

here's a shot with just tank lights. i didn't have the heart to set everything up.

HEY your set up time and effort is crazy, you must have a lot of time or just too much energy. You must really enjoy the hobby. I find even just taking pics>upload>wait>photobucket too slow just now is an effort. Your passion is unbelieveable, but i can respect this. Keep up the good work i always love watching your tanks develop and your photography is also very nice indeed.

tko187 said:
you must have a lot of time

not really. always busy.

tko187 said:
just too much energy

nope, always tired :lol:

tko187 said:
You must really enjoy the hobby. I find even just taking pics>upload>wait>photobucket too slow just now is an effort. Your passion is unbelieveable, but i can respect this. Keep up the good work i always love watching your tanks develop and your photography is also very nice indeed.

Tko, you'll be amazed at how passionate I am. The constant need to research, look for inspiration is what keeps my life ticking over. I'm truly (if it's allowed) one of amano's biggest fans and to look at his works just gives me the little ignition to want to try create something along the lines of a nature aquarium in the amano style, needless to say, no one will emulate the great man's work.

if i didn't have this hobby and the chance to create a slice of nature I would more than likely be a lost soul.

The following image, you can just see the new anubias leaves springing out. :D

anubias2weeks.jpg

Hi Mark, how long does it take for rotala rotundifolia to turn to its submerged, more narrow leaf form? and anything that it particularly likes, or that i can do to get it looking 8)

thanks
Adam

AdAndrews said:
it take for rotala rotundifolia to turn to its submerged,

within a week really.

AdAndrews said:
and anything that it particularly likes,

water, NPK co2 light. :D in your nano, you need to be real careful as you've no height.

you need to be looking for new growth at the bottom half. when you start to see that, trim down. mine is on fire with new growth all the way down each stem and I'm due a trim imminently

Hi Mark,

Another fine looking 'scape that is done justice by the excellent presentation and photography. Your passion for the hobby shines through very well. :D

I have a few questions, if I may?

How often are you maintaining this?

Have you trained up the occupants yet?!

Will it be running 'long' term (whatever that is)? Do you anticipate a life-span for this?

Did I see Bolbitis in the plant list?

Keep up the good work. :thumbup:

cheers George! :D

George Farmer said:
How often are you maintaining this?
currently, everyday. i mean, ferts and tidying up. 10 minute job after work. W/C 2 x weekly. one in week and one at the weekend.

George Farmer said:
Have you trained up the occupants yet?!
not yet, but will do in time. TBH, it's quite a lot to taken in for them really in one hit, and to be quite honest i love going to see it frequently. I will give some advice on the fert regime.

George Farmer said:
Will it be running 'long' term (whatever that is)? Do you anticipate a life-span for this?
good question. long term for me? or long term as in 8 months or so :lol: you've stumped me George.I'd not thought about it.

my guess is (going from previous stem scapes i've done) there's got to be a good 7 months in this with the current stem choice. certainly, 3 months until it looks anything like i want it to. (fingers crossed)

George Farmer said:
Did I see Bolbitis in the plant list?
you did, but unfortunately it never came through. although it's not in there, and the fact that it still looks OK without it, I still think it could work if it was to be placed within the layout, although the anubias is doing a good job by itself.

George Farmer said:
Keep up the good work. :thumbup:
thanks mate, and thanks for asking the questions. :D

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks old, A bit of maintenance today. W/C etc. a few days time, it'll be time to cut down the back curtain of stems. There's also a riccia stone that need removing front left bunch of stones. it sticks out like a sore thumb :oops:

2weeksold.jpg

here's a few inhabitants.

otto.jpg

shrimpy2copy.jpg

The wallichi is crawling! not what i expected, but welcome nonetheless

Back