• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Saintly's 120cm 'hill's of desire'

AdAndrews said:
edit: and also, would mts turnover corser sand, my ADA xingu sand is pretty much the same as gravel

i guess so matey. these came in by accident. I've seen them in supercoloeys tank once and they were great at getting into the sand. if i see a big one out he'll come.

TBH, i love snails, they just add to the whole natural theme. i always find they do a job.

Maurits said:
I am looking forward to see some more detailed pics buddy

I'll take some good ones at the weekend, just for you my friend. :thumbup:

Maurits said:
Have I seen correctly that you have some riccia between your moss ?, very nice, breaks the color

yes, the riccia you see above was accidentally tied onto the moss stones and it's growing like mad now. I'm leaving it as my uncle loves the vivid green.

NeilW said:
just stay in the sand part?

in here, there in the sand and on the stones and moss. just going about their thing :D

The shrimp are doing an amazing job on the moss. to see 26 shrimp constantly eating is really quite humorous at times...fighting amongst them selves. there's 2 sae's too.

my next task is to choose the fish of choice. eventually it'll be a 70 strong shoal of ....something! :shifty:

Ad! mate, it was some kind of hair algae in the front. It was blatantly a co2 issue. i added more co2, 'stacked' my korolias, placed diffuser under the korolias and bingo! gone!

saintly said:
Ad! mate, it was some kind of hair algae in the front. It was blatantly a co2 issue. i added more co2, 'stacked' my korolias, placed diffuser under the korolias and bingo! gone!

ok, ive just switched my co2 to come on an hour earlier, im not sure if this is normal but, my drop checker does this:

co2 on: dark green

2-4 hours later: green

6 hours later: lime green

is this bad, as i say, ive switched it to come on an extra hour earlier, so 3 hours before lights, as it takes some time to clear the diffuser of water and get a steady pace through the check valve.

ps.. ive seen some MTS, im gna go for them!

so, i will see what happens tommorrow with an hour earlier, you dont think i will need to go an hour before that do you, 4 hours before lights, that would be ridiculous

JamesM said:
My co2 comes on a good 3 or 4 hours before lights on :thumbup: It could be a flow issue you have though Ad...

ok, well like i say, i will see how it goes... no flow issue at the mo, fish getting sucked into filters is my problem.. ive just added an 1200lph pump to the tank, aswell as the 600lph filter, i will turn, turn, turn it up! :D

4weeks.jpg

I love the moss breaking the transition here. Really nice.

Unlike Maurits, I'm not so keen on the riccia, as the colour is a little too contrasting for my taste in this style of layout (similar to your old 'shop' Iwagumi), but I imagine the effect will soften once the vista fills out, especially the high impact stems.

Another interesting addition is the pebbles. It works in this layout.

This is really quite an innovative aquascape when I think about it - and I think you are beginning to create your own style here.

You have the natural elements of a classic Iwagumi, mixed with the more contrived aspects of artifice via high impact colours and textures.

Kudos for pulling it off so well so far, and I think it's only going to get better. The wonderful photography reflects your passion very well too.

I think this may turn into your best aquascape yet, Mark. Please don't tear it down too soon! ;)

Top marks from me, Mr. Evans! :thumbup:

Tonser said:
Looking good Mark :D Thanks for the pics and notes on trimming too - all noted accordingly :D :thumbup:

sorry it wasn't more informative tony. Next trim, i'll try and detail what little i know. :thumbup:

George Farmer said:
too contrasting for my taste in this style of layout (similar to your old 'shop' Iwagumi),

it does distract i must admit. there's a big clump to the left of the scape, which is going for sure. I think for future reference for myself, it's one or the other....or layer them evenly like amano does sometimes. :D

George Farmer said:
This is really quite an innovative aquascape when I think about it - and I think you are beginning to create your own style here.

thanks mate. A few borrowed ideas though. bit's and bob's thrown into one.

George Farmer said:
I think this may turn into your best aquascape yet, Mark. Please don't tear it down too soon! ;)

i wont :lol: but goodness, i want this tank (or just a tank) at home. man i'm buzzing to scape.

George Farmer said:
Top marks from me, Mr. Evans! :thumbup:

again thanks mate, really appreciate that!

Thanks for you help yesterday, James too.. co2 sorted now i think, a nice lime green for lights on, ive put flow right up, and ive removed some of the hair algae, gonna spot dose with liquid carbon tommorrow too :thumbup:

TDI-line said:
Simply brilliant Mark. :clap:

cheers dan. :D

AdAndrews said:
Thanks for you help yesterday, James too.. co2 sorted now i think, a nice lime green for lights on, ive put flow right up, and ive removed some of the hair algae, gonna spot dose with liquid carbon tommorrow too :thumbup:

good stuff matey!

not the most amazing shot ever, but another angle to look at.

the E Acicularis is spreading across at the back, which was/is the intention. The moss in the middle is also going horizontally.

HM is due a cut too.

detail4weeks.jpg

saintly said:
not the most amazing shot ever, but another angle to look at.

the E Acicularis is spreading across at the back, which was/is the intention. The moss in the middle is also going horizontally.

HM is due a cut too.

detail4weeks.jpg

Have you ever taken a bad pic mark? :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

tko187 said:
Hey i take the bad pics round here!!! :lol:

don't put yourself down :D

andyh said:
Have you ever taken a bad pic mark?

unfortunately yes :? ...many, just don't post them

samc said:
looking good mark :D

the pathway looks alot more natural

thanks bud, it is starting to take on a more natural feel. I'm looking forward to it all merging together.BTW Sam, that fissidens is doing good too ;) thanks my friend

samc said:
its a beautiful moss.

very true. Its growing at lighting speed too. i always thought it was a slow grower, but i aint complaining.

I'm getting the slight red/pink tinge to the rotala too. :D

Back