• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Saintly's 120cm 'hill's of desire'

I need to look every few days Mark so keep on posting every few days.

If you have to trim your Fissidens ------> :D don't forget your friend

This tank, in its current state, isn't right.

A few minor errors regards to plant placement, and lack of plants. I thought I'd share the plan with you.

the first picture is how it is now. The 'wrong' bits stand out. mainly on the left side. The right side is just about correct.

asitisnow.jpg

The second picture shows roughly, how I want to eventually trim the stems in the back.

The cross over the Riccia, well obviously, it has to go. It will be replaced by moss.

The dots are to show where additional Anubias will go. I under ordered with this. plus I lost one.

theplan.jpg

the third is rough edit.

sample1.jpg

over all, these I feel are minor alterations< but more annoyingly things I should of realised from the start (I hate going back into a tank) When I started adding Riccia,on the day of planting, the little voice in my head did say....."no, don't do it you pratt!"

:D And you want a Dutch planted tank, I am with my hands in the 60 cm at least twice a week to do small changes. I don't believe that you can set up a tank completely right the first time

Maurits said:
And you want a Dutch planted tank

i don't mind the trimming etc it just the planting scheme.

Maurits said:
I don't believe that you can set up a tank completely right the first time

true, but one day, I'd like to come to a point where I can be confident in my planting and the eventual over all look of the tank.

The fish of choice is...harlequins.

i've placed 2 in the set up and they look stunning. so now, all other fish to come out and get a good shoal of harlequins in.

samc said:
great choice of fish mark. they look amazing in big shoals
i hear they shoal well. i do hope so.

AdAndrews said:
What numbers are you gonna be talking with the fish, Mark?

60 maybe 70. i put 80 neons in my LFS display which was only 3 foot, and it looked mega! so 70 in a 4 footer should look fine. I'll do it in stages, as to not put too much strain on the filters.

saintly said:
samc said:
great choice of fish mark. they look amazing in big shoals
i hear they shoal well. i do hope so.

AdAndrews said:
What numbers are you gonna be talking with the fish, Mark?

60 maybe 70. i put 80 neons in my LFS display which was only 3 foot, and it looked mega! so 70 in a 4 footer should look fine. I'll do it in stages, as to not put too much strain on the filters.

i have a 4x2x2 on the way, i could get quite a few in there..... :lol:

AdAndrews said:
'd like to see the bill if you brought 70 in one wack! :lol: plus, like you say, it would put strain on the filters.

it'l be a case of 'easy tiger' :lol:

I've gone in with snips at the ready to trim the rampant HM. These images are pre trim tonight.

There's only 2 harlys, but you get the picture. 40,50 or 60 should look cool i think.

Ras1.jpg

so much for the TV taking second place, you can see it's on in the background :lol:....you can also see how slack i'm regards the background

FTSangle.jpg

and my little angel, Dan.

Dan.jpg

now i can asure you, those fish just stayed in the same spot. Actually 'pushing' the other fish out the way.

I think ive decided which species of fish im going to have in my 35litre now :D White cloud mountain minnows, does anyone know how well they will shoal, and numbers to aim for in this tank?

Adam

myboyshay said:
This is my fave scape on here at the moment.......awesome mate :thumbup:

cheers dude. and vica versa ;)

George Farmer said:
I like the classic fish selection. They add a nice sense of colour, and are one of the best shoaling species about.

thats good know George. :D when it comes to fish choice, mine isn't always that good, but on seeing these it became pretty obvious what i wanted.

George Farmer said:
If allowed to mature enough,

:lol: it will matey, it will. Actually, I'm running just 1 54w t5 at the mo, which is keeping things a little slower than normal, soon to be increased to 2.

AdAndrews said:
White cloud mountain minnows, does anyone know how well they will shoal, and numbers to aim for in this tank?

my experience is, their rather scatty, and unpredictable.top dwellers too i think. I'm sure others may give better experience though. The gold are nice. in a 35l?....9 maybe?

They still have the "weak" feel to them i think, im not sure, how well do tetra's fare in hard water tanks?(i presume mine is, never tested) I may just go with something like neons, easy to get a hold of.

Back