• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Saintly's 240L 'savannah dreaming' scape finished

Re: Saintly's 'savannah dreaming'

is that bullosa in the nano?

i have some in my emersed setup. i was thinking of using it in my next setup, but have no idea how it grows. do you?

did you ever find out what the little crypt was in the nano was too? it was a beauty. i have crpyts on the mind :D

no mate. it's a different species. i forget which one. thown the ticket :lol:

i do have bullosa for the 120cm though. from my little experience with it, it remains quite small with bullated leaves. quite stunning actually.

saintly said:
from my little experience with it, it remains quite small with bullated leaves. quite stunning actually.

ahh cool. i have looked on google for ages. only information i found is that it can grow up 40cm o_O

good to know it grows small. is it smaller than the wendetii i have? ill look foward to seeing it grown in yours anyhow. and petchii. too many crypts, so little knowledge :crazy:

samc said:
ahh cool. i have looked on google for ages. only information i found is that it can grow up 40cm o_O

i've also read this. i put it in a nano with no extra ferts etc. it stayed small. thats said, in a high tech set up it could grow big. I'm unsure where to place it in the 120. dilema!

samc said:
oo many crypts, so little knowledge :crazy:

so true mate, so true. it's frying my head!

Wow Mark this tank has developed so quickly and it looks wonderful. I like that wallpaper too.

saintly said:
holding-tank.jpg

I really wan to set up a proper nano someday--that's another item on my long "to do" list.

directly after filling :D

filling.jpg

just need to wait 6 months now. Not everything went to plan mind you. :?

samc said:
maybe its just you not liking freshly planted scapes ;)
looks good to me mate.

maybe its just you not liking freshly planted scapes ;)

maybe :D TBH i'm really happy after all the flapping around i did.

here's the tank filling.

1-5.jpg

and top down

3-4.jpg

and tomorrow, some better images, once the waters cleared.

Sam, thanks for the HM. thats gone in ;)

Looks really good!

Love that woodwork!

More pics!!!!!!!! :geek: :geek:

Brilliant! I much prefer this hardscape arrangement than the dry one you showed us a few pages back.

Stunning scape! I'm completely in awe.

Now for the less fun part, waiting for it to florish.

A pleasure to read, thanks for posting.

Lovely, Mark! You should be happy with that - I certainly would be. :D

Excellent hardscape selection and layout + effective plant choice + decent gear + good maintenance = potentially stunning aquascape.

It would have been interesting to see the E. tenellus you had planned but maybe it was a blessing in disguise not using it.

I really look forward to seeing this one mature. Not only for the evolution of the aquascape in terms of growth and overall development, but I know the photography is going to be incredible.

Remind us all about the tank specs, fert schedule, water changes etc. etc., please.

Thanks guys. :D

Man! I'm sold on in-line diffusers! first time using them, their amazing. The misting is incredible, and reaches every part of the tank! The HC is pearling it's ass off, the full length of the tank.

Thanks George viktor, tom, flygja, ceejay and andy, oh and that welsh dude in wales! :wave: for your words. :thumbup:

George Farmer said:
Remind us all about the tank specs, fert schedule, water changes etc. etc., please.

sure dude.

tank, 120 x 45 x 45
1 X 150w MH (raised high) with 1 x 54w t5 backlighting.(the difference is amazing)

co2 via in-line diffuser, with solenoid
5 x 10L columbo flora base substrate
1 x eheim filter (adding 1 x superfish)

W/C every other day for maybe 2 weeks. I'll gauge it.

ferts are bottled EI, dosed liberally, no easycarbo.This is new ground, as i'm not going the full EI route.

I'll post some more pics and info later. :thumbup:

mark

Back