• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Saintly's 240L 'savannah dreaming' scape finished

Re: Saintly's 'savannah dreaming' @ 2 weeks

2-weeks.jpg

Lovely progress, Mark.

I think this is going to be your best so far.

saintly said:
many months of nurturing is needed.
I give you three max. before you itchy green fingers and tear it down! :lol:

Looking great, I like the stems swaying in the current, wonder if you can set the korelias to "wave pulse" :lol:

Any chance of another close up of the native stem, that could be a real find! Tom

TBRO said:
Any chance of another close up of the native stem, that could be a real find!

i'll get some pics up soon. TBH, I'm being a bit cautious on images due to IAPLC rules. :? a year or so with no images?...mental

JamesM said:
£5 on four months and 18 days :lol:

up it to a tenner, and we'll split it :lol:

George Farmer said:
I think this is going to be your best so far.

thanks mate. I'm pleased with it, but time will be the judge :D

George Farmer said:
I give you three max. before you itchy green fingers and tear it down! :lol:

:lol: Long haul, I'm in it for the long haul. or until the HC does my head in.

with just the 2 x 54w it's on go slow mode, but it's quite nice not watching certain things take over. I'm at about 98% underwater state growth now and things are looking really green, instead of the yellowish of above water growth

Bolbitis is rather rampant, i thought it'd be slower than what it is.

3 SAE's are now in the livestock list.

so weve got
3 x sae
12 shrimp
6 ottos

I've been eyeing up a few different types of fish today, and it's all rather overwhelming.

aaronnorth said:
That is looking great Mark, it has filled in really well around the base of the wood which I was unsure about at the start but I kept my mouth shut because I knew you would have planned it out well :thumbup:

Thanks mate. :thumbup:

FishBeast said:
It looks amazing. I can't beleive how fast your plants are growing. Especially the HC, a credit to your experience in this artform.

thanks fishbeast :D

bcoldwine said:
Thanks, I enjoy catching updates of your journal.

I appreciate that :thumbup:

Ahhh sod IAPLC. :lol:

I've changed the filter today, to test the Aquadistri series. Their pretty good 8)

whilst I was at it, I put the black background on to try and show the plants off a little better. The black BG show more shape. The HM to the right is still low, but this will be trimmed to give an overall triangular look.

The rotala will be trimmed tomorrow and sent to pest control :thumbup:

at 2 and a half weeks, I'm pretty happy.BTW the water level is low, due to the filter filling it's self.

black-test.jpg

well done Mister.

Although I think ( personally ) that you need a little bit of red

Maurits said:
well done Mister.

Although I think ( personally ) that you need a little bit of red

thanks maurits :D The red shall come via the rotala after a few trims.

samc said:
iv been away all week and was looking foward to seeing the progress.

glad to see you back :thumbup:

I've had a trim this morning of the stems. HC can wait one more week i think.

trimming.jpg

saintly said:
Ahhh sod IAPLC. :lol:

I've changed the filter today, to test the Aquadistri series. Their pretty good 8)

whilst I was at it, I put the black background on to try and show the plants off a little better. The black BG show more shape. The HM to the right is still low, but this will be trimmed to give an overall triangular look.

The rotala will be trimmed tomorrow and sent to pest control :thumbup:

at 2 and a half weeks, I'm pretty happy.BTW the water level is low, due to the filter filling it's self.

black-test.jpg

Once again, will you take at look at that rotala, Gods sake! Always grows like a beast for you. lol, I realy struggle with it! :lol:

Re: Saintly's 'savannah dreaming' ISSUES!

chilled84 said:
Once again, will you take at look at that rotala, Gods sake! Always grows like a beast for you. lol, I realy struggle with it! :lol:

Next scape, i wont use any! :lol: need to find a new fave stem

Currently, I'm having issues with lighting. You can see to the right i've got HC not doing a great deal. I need to move the power heads so light can get to it. :twisted: I hate moving stuff!

poor-light.jpg

saintly said:
chilled84 said:

Next scape, i wont use any! :lol: need to find a new fave stem

Currently, I'm having issues with lighting. You can see to the right i've got HC not doing a great deal. I need to move the power heads so light can get to it. :twisted: I hate moving stuff!

poor-light.jpg

I have same prob with light, on each end of tank i have dark spots, I think its my t8s.

would shooting into a mirror, rule out the full tank shot rule for IAPLC? it's technically in incorrect image

double.jpg

tyrophagus said:
hats an amazing tank Saintly. I love the hardscaping.

thanks mate :D

22 day update.

The vallis is now growing at the rear, although you cant see it yet. Still unsure about the front right corner. I need to do some shifting I think.

so this is how it's looking today. trimming scissors come out at the weekend for the HC.

DAY 22

22-days-no-BGround.jpg

Back