• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Saintly's 240L 'savannah dreaming' scape finished

Re: Saintly's 'savannah dreaming' @ 6 weeks

Odessa barbs have always been on my all time favourite fish list. My dad had some breeding when I was small and the breeding colours have always stayed with me. All my tanks have been too small to do them justice I'm afraid.

i've been trying for the last half an hour to capture the neons. they didnt play.

so here's one of a 50% W/C instead :lol:

50wc.jpg

After doing a 50w/c i went on my knees and looked in the tank. such a different view. panoramic I guess. I may take some shots with the tank half empty.

half-empty.jpg

It looks amazing doesn't it, I can imagine it as part of a 2x2x1 tank, hyper depth! The neons really suit the tank, it's easy to see why neons and cardinals are used so frequently in planted tanks.

That last shot deserves a place in the Takashi Amano photobook. Really impressive stuff mate!

Mark
This tank is simply stunning one of your best tanks in my meagre opinion!
Keep it up! The HC carpet is great :thumbup:

Andyh

andyh said:
This tank is simply stunning one of your best

thanks Andy, one thats turning into a pain though.

flygja said:
That last shot deserves a place in the Takashi Amano photobook.

blimey.Thanks mate. A nice thing to say, but surely not that good 8)

aaronnorth said:
I often sit and look at my tank when the water depth is lowered too :thumbup:[/quote

A great view indeed mate.

Garuf said:
The neons really suit the tank, it's easy to see why neons and cardinals are used so frequently in planted tanks.

there great fish mate. i've added 6 cardinals today.

This was this morning. the left becomes rather untidy, pretty quickly.

before-hc.jpg

and this evening after trimming, which is a PITA. The right side is doing good now, thankfully.

after-hc-trim-3.jpg

saintly said:
here's a short vid of surface agitation during the day. :D

http://www.vimeo.com/11779327

very calm, do you often have that little?
I always opt for a decent ripple on mine just to make sure it is ok for the fish, it will probably be ok now because I am not running CO2 but I have just left it.

Aaron.

aaronnorth said:
very calm, do you often have that little?

during the day yes. @ night i point the power head upwards to drive off co2 and introduce o2.

The right side bothered me for the first few weeks, thinking low co2 levels but really has turned out to be light. The drop checker in the part of the tank which, IMO is the point of lowest co2 shows yellow.

even after trimming teres last night, it's now sent out runners over night some of which are 3 inches long :twisted:

Beautiful tank, pictures and video.

thanks guys. :)

My mind's buzzing with scaping ideas...my own ideas this time, rather than copying.

Re: Saintly's 'savannah dreaming' @ 7 weeks

andyh said:
concise-somehow i am left feeling i want more........

my typing finger fell off :lol: ...i've glued it back on now.

still, all is good :angelic:

7-weeks.jpg

Re: Saintly's 'savannah dreaming' @ 7 weeks

WOW! :wideyed: this setup is a credit to you mate, great layout and lush plant growth! one of the best tanks I've seen. :thumbup:

Cheers Ben

Back