• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Saintly's 240L 'savannah dreaming' scape finished

Re: Saintly's 'savannah dreaming' @ 7 weeks

This tank is stunning... Almost enough to tempt me down a high tech route... I must resist...

Kosh42|EFG said:
This tank is stunning... Almost enough to tempt me down a high tech route... I must resist...
Do it! :thumbup:

No... If I were to go that route I may well as go back to my reef tank... I know myself and what I want from a tank, and I need one that's low maintenance and can be ignored for a few weeks at a time with no ill effects...

But to go back on topic, tanks as stunning as Saintly's do test my resolve...

I just love this tank Mark. After spending the last few months getting together all the equipment, substrate and ferts, i've decided to have a go at high tech. Could I ask what the stone is you used, and where did you get the wood. :?:

saintly said:
andyh said:
concise-somehow i am left feeling i want more........

my typing finger fell off :lol: ...i've glued it back on now.

still, all is good :angelic:

I think he wanted your shutter finger more than your typing finger :lol:

Goodness, thanks guys! :D

most of this tank is done using, in comparison to some, cheaper alternatives to the more 'high priced' stuff out there. Of course it could be done at an even lower price tag I guess, but for 'bang for bucks' florabase, aquafluer gear is spot on.

I've been practising angles and ripple for the final images in a few months time. One thing that is quite obvious is, the fact of not enough flash.

these next 2 shots are not composed and don't sit right with me, but like i say, it's practise stuff. :D

angles-practise.jpg

ripple-practise.jpg

again, everyone thanks :thumbup:

Do you have echinodorus quadricostatus in there, Mark? It's a really nice plant but puts out runners at such a rate, I found it unmanageable in the long run. T

TBRO said:
Do you have echinodorus quadricostatus in there, Mark?

quite possibly. it looks the same.i thought it could be teres, but could be wrong. it's a frickin pain, thats for sure.

after the above photos were taken, i trimmed the tank the heaviest i've done so far.

trim-3.jpg

I know the mentioned plant will grow back shorter, and allow the crypts to blossom a little.

the more I look at the tank, the more I find mistakes.

So your about to rip this one apart? Didn't George bet on it lasting 3 months?

FishBeast said:
So your about to rip this one apart?

not at all mate. it's only just getting going. :D

A major trim last night left me feeling that somehow, I'd ruined everything, but we all know plants grow back.

My next tank, I'd like a 120 x 60 x 60. for the extra front to back and height.

Hey mark, great tank and great journal, I love your HC and its always looks stunning in your tanks, not forgetting the other plants you have succefuly growning. I have a couple of questions as I am considering a new tank Silgtly bigger than I currently have which will need A higher flow rate. most the tanks I have seen you put together have the addition of a powerhead do you think this is mor beneficial than a second filter?

I have recently installed an overtank luminaire and I am know finding that with an open top the evaporation is lowering my water considerably and I find myself topping up between water changes do you have this problem and if so what are your methods of dealing with it or is it just a curse of a luminaire?

Vito

I've said it before but will again, an Osmolator makes life easy in an open top tank...

I find a jug does the job.... :shifty:

if I cant walk to the tap every other day for 30 seconds, then I need to look at another hobby, chess or something.

Vito said:
Ok then lol....

what about the interanl powerhead... is it better idea than adding a second filter?

dude, sorry mate. you read my mind. i just come back to reply. :oops: sorry.

The 1 x filter, does concern me. for the one and only reason of it packing up! I'd be stuffed. for flow reasons, a power head is just great. but for the previous reason, i may install another filter for security

For some that may wonder, i have just one basket of biological media, and that's only half full. carbon has gone too. my filter looks empty at the best of times recently. o_O

tonight.jpg

saintly said:
For some that may wonder, i have just one basket of biological media, and that's only half full. carbon has gone too. my filter looks empty at the best of times recently. o_O

Thats Impressive only having once basket and such clear water, does than mean no sponges or floss pad ?

Back