• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
I have to admit I had my reservations about this tank but it has to be one, if not the best saintly aquascape so far. There's so many textures and shapes and stuff, it just all seems to come together and work so well.

Your photography has also improved which I think helps a lot.

Keep up the great work! ;)

Blimey mark that's grown fast since the last pics,how many bps you running?
Regards john.

john starkey said:
Blimey mark that's grown fast since the last pics,how many bps you running?

good question john, a difficult one to. I'm regulating my co2 via the drop checker and fish, the drop checker shows light green, almost yellow.

my bubble counter is purely for when i run out of gas and need to reset....it's approx 2 bubbles per second and large ones at that.

something else that's new for me is over night aeration, i just pop the lilley pipe up to turn the water over after lights out. not sure it does anything but add O2 but after reading that amano does it, i thought i'd give it a whirl....over to you clive ;)

here's the bubble counter...

IMG_2838-01.jpg

and here's a few more images. in the last 3 days or so, the stems on the left and right have gone wild.

IMG_2830-01.jpg

_MG_2813-01.jpg

_MG_2822-01.jpg

_MG_2777-01.jpg

and the front room, which becomes a studio :lol:

untidyroom.jpg

rawr said:
I have to admit I had my reservations about this tank but it has to be one, if not the best saintly aquascape so far

thanks Thomas 8)

it's lovely stuff aaron, :)

last pic now, here's from above, i've attached the stem names exactly where they reside. it dont look so dense from the front, but given time and trimming it should look fuller in a few months

stems.jpg

cheers folks :D

samc said:
i really like this tank mark and its making me wounder if i want to do a nature scape in my 60cm when i get it.....

you nearly have a hc carpet already :wideyed:

not quite hc carpet, actually i've got the complete opposite problem to the usual growing upwards thing. most of my HC at the glass is growing,crawling then burring its self under the substrate. I'm guessing it's loving the light, or rather the different characteristic's of MH lighting. i'll get some pics later after work.

i put 3 weeks old, it's not it was 2 weeks friday,.

Tonser said:
This is looking beautiful Mark - lovely use of colour in there :D The Bowens are doing a nice job with your photography too ;)

Look forward to all the updates.

Tony

thanks mate,

i'm not using them as often as it looks. i'm getting a load of these shot with just the MH lighting. i need a lesson or two of you ;)

viktorlantos said:
are you ok with the power of these?

plenty for a 60cm, i'd have me reservations about anything 120cm....but i cant honestly answer that yet. it's a whole new learning curve.

i've taken test shots with both lights directly over the tank, and it's giving me the ability to shoot iso 50 @ f22. i need another way to illuminate a white background so another lamp would be great....maybe soon

George Farmer said:
That photography is off the hook...!

cheers mate.

looking at tonser images has just got me all excited for taking more images. i just don't know where to start....a lot of head scratching. the thing is though, i dont want to loose the "feel" that i've got, but knowing me i'll dive in head first. :lol:

Your tanks looking lovely Mark, it's quite reminiscent of some George Farmer work, which is a good thing!

The photography is top draw too, stunning in every sense.

cheers dudes,

ok, a bit of inside knowledge and photograpghy is still not right :lol:

i've been practising using F4 and flash, i like to get my sense of depth through lens blur. i've got some F22 shots but they just look "flat"...that'll be me not doing them justice.

anyway, i've got the colours coming through that i wanted, so my hopes are high for some warm tones with this set up. 7 more trims and we'll be there! :D

following image is F4 @ 1/200 iso 50

3weeks.jpg

the great thing with this studio lighting is the fact i dont have to do anything to the image apart from crop it and mount it.

Those colours are amazing!

I like the way you're so precise with the seven more trims. :p

Well thats just on the billy button!
Studio lighting here i come, oh, and a 5D, and some experience, and some bad ass lenses, oh well, maybe not just yet :lol:

Dan Crawford said:
Well thats just on the billy button!
Studio lighting here i come, oh, and a 5D, and some experience, and some bad ass lenses, oh well, maybe not just yet :lol:

:lol: just the lights mate, that'll do the trick . my 90 quid lens is doing me proud, but i'm tempted to re-buy my 135mm f2 L series again :? ....shhhhh, dont tell me wife.

rawr said:
I like the way you're so precise with the seven more trims. :p

well kinda precise. i'm just going by my MA scape. i know that rotundifolia, umbrosum etc wil take a real butchering and thicken up a treat. the eustrails stellata is coming back now after being trimmed. i was worried about that as i'd never grown and trimmed it, but it's just like all the others. 8)

The HC wont need any trimming as it's keeping it's head right down. only when it starts to get too thick will i look at it.

i'm praying for some anubias flowers. these bonsai things are on steroids, showing new leaves everyday.

a couple more...

IMG_2909-01.jpg

aquasaor stylee :lol: ....errrr i need to be MUCH closer

IMG_2898-01.jpg

god i'm bored :lol: my hardrive is close to bursting

Untitled-1-2.jpg

Hi Mark,

looking brill as usual,all great pics but i love the the one of the ram,

regards john.

Back