• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
TDI-line said:
saintly said:
Btw, do you possess the one ring from the Lord of the Rings, because it looks like it's been thrown in to the air by your curtains... :?:

Thats well funny!!!Is saintly wearings socks coz he has got hobit feet!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

andyh said:
saintly wearings socks coz he has got hobit feet!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

it's not the only thing that's hobbit like... ;)

so, not really an update, just a few images. if you click on them there larger than usual :D

pencil4.jpg

shrimpy.jpg

crop2.jpg

i've also just come back from calumet photographic, and boy i'm so up for a new lens or two 8) back to L series glass me thinks.

Those are very good photographs. Extremely clear and sharp. You've probably answered this a dozen times, but what camera do you use?

llj

Cracking tank Saintly!

I wonder if I've missed some of the info though so can you tell me what your doing about ferts?

I beleive you normally use EI so if you do can you tell me what chemicles your using?
what filter do you have on this and what type of CO" reactor/diffuser?

I'm gaging to get my tanks looking clean and vibrant. While I'm gettin gbetter I still cannot get a totally algae free tank. Fancy driveing to Leicester for a crash course? hehe... just kidding.

lljdma06 said:
but what camera do you use?

a canon 5D. but looking to upgrade.

Aeropars said:
I wonder if I've missed some of the info though so can you tell me what your doing about ferts?

I beleive you normally use EI so if you do can you tell me what chemicles your using?

I'm gaging to get my tanks looking clean and vibrant. While I'm gettin gbetter I still cannot get a totally algae free tank. Fancy driveing to Leicester for a crash course? hehe... just kidding.

i dont think the tank spec is up.

Tank is 60x 30 x 36
filter is eheim 2028 pro2 with 2 trays full of mature media from MA in store filters and 1 x carbon
lighting 1 x 150w MH @ 7 hours per day.
co2, via FE, JBL regulator with solenoid. glass diffuser. switches on 1 hour before lights on, off 1 hour before lights off.
co2 according to 4dkh is yellow

substrate, oliver knott nature soil

W/C, 50% every other day. everyday first few weeks. I'm now going to at least 4 days now.
water temp 26c

ferts, EI dosing direct to the tank in powder form
KNO3 1/2 TSP,
PO4= 1/4tsp
AE trace= 1/4 opposing days
Aqua carbon 10ml everyday. W/C cancels out the build up.

KNO3 and po4 are every other day and W/C worked out around this dosing.

hope this helps :D

Mark your pics have always been fantastic, but I have noticed in the last few weeks they have gone up another notch. Keep on keeping on mate :)

vauxhallmark said:
aaronnorth said:
I was just thinking how much that houseplant looks like a giant anubias :lol: :rolleyes:

Funny, they've always reminded me much more of cryptocorynes!

Mark
There is a good reason for that! Check out the taxonomy and you will see that Cryptocoryne, Anubias and Spatiphyllum (which the peace lily is one of) are all from the Araceae family.

a1Matt said:
Mark your pics have always been fantastic, but I have noticed in the last few weeks they have gone up another notch. Keep on keeping on mate :)

cheers bud! you can thanks Tonser for his insight and his kick up the blahblahblahblah when i saw his awesome tank.

Jase said:
Mark, tank looks awesome, definately helped by your photographic skills.

Really love the back-lit blue background, is it a permanent thing or only for pics?

thanks mate.

well, i've invested in a "proper" graduated background, which is of a great quality. it's on the wall temporarily, but you know what...i'm loving it!

this image you can see the background...

IMG_9704-01.jpg

with this being graduated, it takes the pressure of me to try and distribute 2 lights when you really need 3.

saintly said:
lljdma06 said:
but what camera do you use?

a canon 5D. but looking to upgrade.

Aeropars said:

i dont think the tank spec is up.

Tank is 60x 30 x 36
filter is eheim 2028 pro2 with 2 trays full of mature media from MA in store filters and 1 x carbon
lighting 1 x 150w MH @ 7 hours per day.
co2, via FE, JBL regulator with solenoid. glass diffuser. switches on 1 hour before lights on, off 1 hour before lights off.
co2 according to 4dkh is yellow

substrate, oliver knott nature soil

W/C, 50% every other day. everyday first few weeks. I'm now going to at least 4 days now.
water temp 26c

ferts, EI dosing direct to the tank in powder form
KNO3 1/2 TSP,
PO4= 1/4tsp
AE trace= 1/4 opposing days
Aqua carbon 10ml everyday. W/C cancels out the build up.

KNO3 and po4 are every other day and W/C worked out around this dosing.

hope this helps :D

Thanks for the reply mate.

Looking at the differences, I'm wondering if my flow is the problem (and mabe CO2 as well as a result). I'm using the eheim 2026 and a hydor koralia 1. My dosing is the same only I do a weekly water change of 50% and my dosing is in a solution. I'm using an aquamas external reactor and I think im at my injection limit with the flow rathe through it. If I put in any more theres a build up of CO2.

My plants pearl and my Blyxa is growing fairly well but I still have problems with GSA and my plants dont look as vibrant as others that I see on here. Perhaps thats lighting but I dont know.

dont get me wrong, its not THAT bad however compared to some of the tanks on here, mine looks rough around the edges in regard to plant growth.

Any suggestions?

samc said:
where did you get it from? i was thinking of getting something similar

calumet photography. it's not cheap @ £21 but it's pvc so it's great with liquids etc. it can be cleaned.

the size is ideal for a 60cm. any bigger you'd want the next size up which is about £40.

SteveUK said:
I want some plain white backgrounds for my tanks. Like poster paper or something. Great setup mate :)

Steve, try and find a stationary shop or something similar. i've used card, but it does get trashed over time.

there's only really 2 backgrounds that I'm going to use from now on, this blue one and black. :D

Lee, i'm not familiar with EI in liquid form so i cant comment. i presume your solution is as strong as dry powders?....

i tend to "force" the issue with dosing, in the early days of my tank i'd dose more than i'd stated earlier and allow the additional W/C to reset everything.

i tried this in prairie lands and it worked a treat...i just had problems with iffy substrate.The henge 2 had the same dosing, that ended up in healthy growth also.

get the co2 mist right under the korolia.

GSA is an easy one for me. 1 TSP kNO3 to half TSP po4 (usually less po4 on normal EI dosing i think) when i start to see it i add 1/4 more po4 per dosing day and it's becoming more apparent i should dose more all the time. it cant harm, and W/C again resets everything.

what i do isn't everyone's cup of tea, but EI for me is total control.

SteveUK said:
L series are the Canon professional range of lenses. You can tell by the fact that they're white, not black like other Canon lenses :)

close steve....red not white. :D

L series glass is the nuts! just look for the red ring ;) ooooer.

saintly said:
samc said:
where did you get it from? i was thinking of getting something similar

calumet photography. it's not cheap @ £21 but it's pvc so it's great with liquids etc. it can be cleaned.

the size is ideal for a 60cm. any bigger you'd want the next size up which is about £40.

SteveUK said:
I want some plain white backgrounds for my tanks. Like poster paper or something. Great setup mate :)

Steve, try and find a stationary shop or something similar. i've used card, but it does get trashed over time.

there's only really 2 backgrounds that I'm going to use from now on, this blue one and black. :D

Lee, i'm not familiar with EI in liquid form so i cant comment. i presume your solution is as strong as dry powders?....

i tend to "force" the issue with dosing, in the early days of my tank i'd dose more than i'd stated earlier and allow the additional W/C to reset everything.

i tried this in prairie lands and it worked a treat...i just had problems with iffy substrate.The henge 2 had the same dosing, that ended up in healthy growth also.

get the co2 mist right under the korolia.

GSA is an easy one for me. 1 TSP kNO3 to half TSP po4 (usually less po4 on normal EI dosing i think) when i start to see it i add 1/4 more po4 per dosing day and it's becoming more apparent i should dose more all the time. it cant harm, and W/C again resets everything.

what i do isn't everyone's cup of tea, but EI for me is total control.

cheers for the reply again.

I don't have a misting type reactor. Its an external one so its a chamber outside the tank whick mixes the water with CO2. I have a web design job coming up which i might use to fund another filter or koralia 2 but I'm undecided which to go for. The filter I'm thinking of is a ex1200 but then should I replace the eheim with it or should I run it along side? I dont want the fish to struggle swimming with too powerful a current.

Back