• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Aeropars said:
I'm thinking of is a ex1200 but then should I replace the eheim with it or should I run it along side? I dont want the fish to struggle swimming with too powerful a current.

an extra filter will be more beneficial than a power head, due to extra bacteria, but if you feel your current filtration can deal with ammonia etc.. get a power head. more filtration the better :D

i find all of my fish love the current, finding there way into the mainstream of water.

Th e Phantom tetras are going! i've just installed 20 lamp eyes and my god there a stunning fish :wideyed: such wonderful eyes. they've just given the scape a whole new feel 8)

there so difficult to photograph. :?

not that there quick, it's trying to capture that lovely blue eye. could be tricky.

beat ya to it Llj. you cant actually see the surprise just yet. it's not much of one really, but all the same it's the return of your favourite red plant :lol:

I knew you'd put the red back. You can't not have the red. Love the new fish choice. That will be awesome.

saintly said:
beat ya to it Llj. you cant actually see the surprise just yet. it's not much of one really, but all the same it's the return of your favourite red plant :lol:

I must admit I was surprised you took it out. Look forward to the new snaps :D

lljdma06 said:
I knew you'd put the red back

:shh: (whispers) it never left ;)

orrr, these smileys are crazy :shifty: smileys rule :thumbup: arghhh...someone shut me u... :silent: :lol:

ok, after a mental week at work :( here's the quickest snap in history. i've left this tank to it's own devices recently. things are growing nicely :thumbup:

you can just see the red peering and waving :wave: over the top of the anubias.

the HC has settled in now. a bit of GSA on old anubias leaves but each leaf cut off is replaces by at least 2 new ones.....it's mental :wideyed: ...no flowers though :thumbdown:

YAY, SMILEYS :crazy:

quicky.jpg

thanks steve, kind of you. :thumbup:

which glass bud? diffusers or lillys? i cant remember what lillys, but there from AE bubble counter is dazs from ebay i think and anew diffuser from AE.

IMG_9991-01.jpg

viktorlantos said:
the studio lamps gives you a new level of shooting. was amazing before too. but since then i am so jealous.

the lights are great to use i have to admit.

thanks for the words my friend :thumbup: I'm glad you like

in the next few days i'll be due another trim 8)

You're photography has certainly gone up a level, Mark. Considering your previous standard, that's really quite remarkable!

The 'scape is looking very nice too.

I'm not so sure on the rather two-dimensional foreground but I'm sure as the hairgrass spreads across/through the HC and with more time and pruning it'll look superb.

The background in this shot suits the fish colouration perfectly. It's pretty unique too. Respect where respect is due!

eveningtime.jpg

To be honest, there are mistakes in this tank. for example, the HM is in the wrong place. way to close to the front without something like a crypt species to cover the lower portions. Talking of crypts, the ones in here look immense, shiny leaves.

i thought I'd start by studying early amano works from 20 years ago where he uses HM and the likes closed press to the glass. It's OK currently but it wont be long before something needs to change.

it's my first real success growing HM, so it's a tick on my plant list at least.

yeah George, it's 2 D, again not enough thought gone into the layout. maybe next one will be better. The illusion of depth is lost due to a near flat substrate. i've fallen into this trap too many times.

i reckon my next scape will feature in this tank, instead of making daft mistakes in a 4 footer.

aaronnorth said:
Same problem as i had :rolleyes: it is one of the messier stems on the bottom half, IMO.

very true. my mistake was trimming it. from the start it crawled and bushed brilliantly. after the first trim, up it went. although i can get away with it when the time comes to shoot it. that are will be shaded. so no biggy. it's just logged in my head now. it goes to show how far of we are when compared to the greats 8)

saintly said:
aaronnorth said:
Same problem as i had :rolleyes: it is one of the messier stems on the bottom half, IMO.

very true. my mistake was trimming it. from the start it crawled and bushed brilliantly. after the first trim, up it went. although i can get away with it when the time comes to shoot it. that are will be shaded. so no biggy. it's just logged in my head now. it goes to show how far of we are when compared to the greats 8)

True, you can put together a good scape, but little niggles like this always retain it from its full potential. Its surprising how much thought goes into each one.

Back